What's new

What is your go-to (best) reverb for composing?

Loving Melda production stuff! They are preparing a new reverb with lots of ER and LR and capable of lots of room modes

Hey,
So as mentioned. What is the best reverb plugin that you use or that you lust for when composing? Mine is probably H-Reverb or the Lexicon Ones.
-Lucas
My favorite reverb is the next one followed closely by the current one. That may describe most of us, so in order to try to add something useful to discuss, the reverbs that I find indispensable are convolution (pick a flavor; mine's Reverberate 2) and Eventide 2016 Stereo Room, which is great for blending and has a distance knob that really works. Some IRs that see heavy use are from Bricasti M7 (particularly the chambers) and EMT140.

Valhalla Plate is a stunner, sort of an idealized plate and a bargain if you're into such, which I very much am; I'll likely end up with VVV and Room, as well. Also on the list for later is the Oceanway rooms plugin, cuz I do a lotta VI drums and direct guitars.

Last edited:
Friend of mine works in post-production and owns a TC 6000 (very expensive), so we compared VSR S24 with it...it's indistinguishable. I've tried/demoed/owned most of the software reverbs and this one just instantly works for me without any fiddling. Halls and rooms are stunning (I use Valhalla Plate for plates when needed). Definitely my go-to reverb.

I am thinking of getting the VSS3 Native by TC Electronic because i love its sound for orchestral. I have discovered that reverb in a video i have seen some time ago from spitfire:

They sometimes seem to have sales where the price is down from $ 199 to $ 139 or something. Definitely on my list!

Christian just got a brand new Bricasti so hold your horses until he lets us know how it compares to his T.C. I think he's also switched from T.C. to Fabfilter ProR recently.

My favorites are:
Vintageverb for versatility and 80-90's Lexicon PCM vibe
Soundtoys Little Plate for uhh HUGE plates
Aether for sound design
Valhalla Shimmer (Shimmer effects), Boscomac Floodeverb (Ducking verb)

I also have FF Pro-R but I have not had enough time to play with it yet.

It should be noted the first two cost me a total of $50.

I am thinking of getting the VSS3 Native by TC Electronic because i love its sound for orchestral. I have discovered that reverb in a video i have seen some time ago from spitfire:

They sometimes seem to have sales where the price is down from $ 199 to $ 139 or something. Definitely on my list!

Last edited:
I can't say that I have a favorite. I am a reverb junkie.

Convolution: Seventh Heaven, QL Spaces, Altiverb
Algorithmic: Lexicon PCM, FabFilter Pro-R, B2, UHBIK-A, TSAR-1, Stereo Room, Phoenix
Alternative (Effect): Adaptiverb, Blackhole, Muze, Ultraverb
Valhalla: Own them all

I also have Lexicon, Eventide, and Strymon hardware that see frequent use.

If I had to choose just one, it would probably be the Lexicon PCM reverb bundle.

Liquidsonics Seventh Heaven is a true work of art. Used properly with the right source material, it can be a game changer. I've never had the pleasure of owning an actual Bricasti, but - based on my experience with Seventh Heaven - it must be what the gods use.

Last edited:
The Lexicon PCM Native Bundle is my desert island reverb product. I use it on every project and I would be more than happy to have the Lexicon PCM Native Bundle as my only reverb plugins available.

Nevertheless, I have purchased quite a few reverb plugins over the years. In addition to the Lexicon PCM Bundle, the following reverb plugins comprise my top 10 favorite list at this time:

* Brainworx bx_rooM/S
* EastWest Quantum Leap Spaces
* Eventide UltraReverb
* Exponential Audio Nimbus
* Exponential Audio R4
* Fabfilter Pro-R
* Overloud REmatrix Complete Bundle
* PSP Audioware 2445 EMT
* Softube TSAR-1

My go-tos are FabFilter Pro-R which is my workhorse, then Eventide Blackhole for fx/cinematic, and LiquidSonics Seventh Heaven which has something a little special, great for adding a special something. Soundtoys Little Plate is a wonderful little extra here and there.

Last edited:
Spaces is the most 'set and forget' reverb for me. Always sounds good, no matter the material. It's so simple, and most importantly, even the long ones don't clog up the soundscape, which is very important (especially in an orchestral context).

My next one is H-Reverb. Insanely smooth sounding, clean, and doesn't interfere with the rest of the frequencies. It is a true gem of a reverb, not expensive, great for both realistic reverbs and effects, and excels at everything it does. Waves have made one of the best reverbs of all time, and nobody talks about it...

Spaces is the most 'set and forget' reverb for me. Always sounds good, no matter the material. It's so simple, and most importantly, even the long ones don't clog up the soundscape, which is very important (especially in an orchestral context).

My next one is H-Reverb. Insanely smooth sounding, clean, and doesn't interfere with the rest of the frequencies. It is a true gem of a reverb, not expensive, great for both realistic reverbs and effects, and excels at everything it does. Waves have made one of the best reverbs of all time, and nobody talks about it...

That H-REVERB sure does have some high priaises and reviews. Pretty much 5 star everywhere you look. I have never used it but for something that appears to be so good, the price is on sale for 69.00 right now which is super cheap.

I also have Waves H-Reverb and IR1 Reverb.

Top Bottom