What's new

What is your favourite band right now?

I discovered House of Waters a few months ago. Instantly fell in love and listened to their whole catalogue haha.

I've been loving The Dowling Poole for the few months I've known about them. Stellar, classic, and very eclectic british songwriting with nuanced arrangements that seems almost orchestral in detail (Willie Dowling is a TV and Film composer, so no surprise there). Cheeky enough to write a pop/rock song that is both partly in 11/8 and seems to borrow from the fast vocalizations of One Note Samba:

NIN always has been and probably always will be. They have been a constant in my life (oddly enough the other one is Hans Zimmer). Many Artist have scored the soundtrack of my life but NIN has always been the epic final in each chapter.

Last edited:
Is it as good as New Gold Dream?
Honestly? No. That may be their best album. The one in between (actually at the time two separate albums) is Sons And Fascination / Sister Feelings Call. Produced by Steve Hillage (Gong, System7) that one is my actual favourite. It is brutal. But the album above turns 40, so worth a spin this saturday.

Here are my three favourite tracks (one of each album mentioned):

EMPIRES & DANCE - 1980

SISTER FEELINGS CALL - 1981

NEW GOLD DREAM - 1982

There's two types of bands to me: metal, and everything else.

In the case of metal it's Yousei Teikoku and it has been for years.

Honestly? No. That may be their best album. The one in between (actually at the time two separate albums) is Sons And Fascination / Sister Feelings Call. Produced by Steve Hillage (Gong, System7) that one is my actual favourite. It is brutal. But the album above turns 40, so worth a spin this saturday.

Here are my three favourite tracks (one of each album mentioned):

EMPIRES & DANCE - 1980

SISTER FEELINGS CALL - 1981

NEW GOLD DREAM - 1982

I am going to check those two out.

Some music for a saturday. That second track, Money Is A Memory, will sound familiar for all of us after all those summer sales.

A cute little dance number that anyone can play...

Frost* “The raging against the dying of the light blues in 7/8”

Blundles playing the silly easy drum part:

Maybe it suits the Macbook Pro speakers, but that was one of best fukin mixes/masters heard. Frost? Never heard of them. What could have been the mix-master trick. Got no idea, it was horrible also, bcs self confidence is broken now.

And the composition is damn good too. But how they got that clarity? (referring to that 1st vid)

11 comments and 50 likes on youtube for that. It must over most peoples heads. If this proves anything then, music is most futile.

Last edited:
Top Bottom