What's new

What is your favorite/go to software for sample-based sound design ?

I wonder if Kontakt 6 will be better designed, and more user friendly to make me use it more for sound-design. I really dislike Kontakt 5's editing environment.

I'm also wondering, if users here do any minor, or major editing of the presets that are included in many commercial sample libraries, both orchestral, and non-orchestral libraries ? or just load and play the presets most of the time ?

I understand you very well, you can quickly lost yourself in edit page after some time :)

Hi,

I would like to focus on learning, and experimenting with either Falcon, or Halion 6 for sound-design, and a little bit of custom multisampling, So, if you happen to have both, which one do you prefer, or tend to use more frequently ?

Any additional info. as to why you prefer one over the other would be interesting, i.e. (Workflow, Ease of Use, CPU friendliness, Sonic Quality, Effects, ..etc. etc.) , and if you only have one of the above tools, what do you like mostly about it, and why did you choose it over the other option (Falcon vs Halion 6).

Thanks,
Muziksculp
I have both and I find it hard to come up with a preference,as they both rock.The difference in workflow is the only criteria and that is an individual thing. I would recommend Simon Stockhausen's tutorials for sound design for both Falcon and Halion on Youtube.

HALion 6, Falcon and Kontakt 5 are my most often used sample-based instruments. Each has their own strengths and weaknesses, and I am happy to own all three of them. However, if I had to choose one option, I would probably go with HALion 6.

I wonder if Kontakt 6 will be better designed, and more user friendly to make me use it more for sound-design. I really dislike Kontakt 5's editing environment.

I'm also wondering, if users here do any minor, or major editing of the presets that are included in many commercial sample libraries, both orchestral, and non-orchestral libraries ? or just load and play the presets most of the time ?
I use Battery but would rather use Kontakt. Unluckily, most modern Libs are locked so you can't even drag them in from the Kontakt browser. Older libs are not locked and I use them all the time. Granulate

Secret weapon: Guitar Rig 5 Pro. Lots of people have in there Komplete and have never used the sound design capabilities. I always have a instance at the ready on a parallel buss.
You are so right. Thanks for the reminder.

Top Bottom