What is your favorite clarinet sample library?

Polkasound

The answer to your question is really going to depend on the type of music. Orchestral? Jazz? Klezmer? etc.

For non-orchestral music, for performance realism I use only the SWAM clarinet from Audio Modeling. No sample-based library I've used comes close to such a fluid performance in exposed parts. I'm not, however, a huge fan of the sound of that clarinet. It's a little too ethnic-sounding for my taste.

OP
J

jon wayne

The answer to your question is really going to depend on the type of music. Orchestral? Jazz? Klezmer? etc.

For non-orchestral music, for performance realism I use only the SWAM clarinet from Audio Modeling. No sample-based library I've used comes close to such a fluid performance in exposed parts. I'm not, however, a huge fan of the sound of that clarinet. It's a little too ethnic-sounding for my taste.
Definitely orchestral. Berlin WWs is the best I have, but still not working for me. I just want something warm and expressive (my wife doesn’t count.)

EgM

Game music!
Interested in this thread, I have many clarinets but I want one with real vibrato. I know VSL Clarinet 2 has it, as does the Herring (real? non lfo?)

Tinesaeriel

I really adore the Clarinet in ProjectSAM's Symphobia 3: Lumina. It's not the most agile, and it's only legatos, sustains, and staccato shorts, but gosh darn it, the tone is the best of any clarinet I've used.

I can also sometimes coax a really nice sounding performance from the clarinet in CineWinds CORE, but only sometimes.

Jimmy Hellfire

I like the VSL Clarinet and the Embertone Herring Clarinet. The VSL I mostly use in an orchestral context. The Embertone has such a sweet tone and great legato and sounds great in exposed settings.

Reactions: EgM