What's new

What is the Pulse Downloader, and why are we using it? (w/ Video Tutorial!)

Have used pulse for the felt instrument products and went well for me.

Last edited:
How do we simply download for backup with Pulse, instead of also installing?
This option would save time and space when only backup is needed, as the rar-files suffice.

How do we simply download for backup with Pulse, instead of also installing?
This option would save time and space when only backup is needed, as the rar-files suffice.

Currently Pulse automatically deletes the .rar files after install. We may offer the option to not delete the files at some point in the future, but we're working on other functionality first. If you'd like to backup your files, you could just compress your files after they're installed and move to another drive.

We may offer the option to not delete the files at some point in the future ...
Years of carefully saving all downloaded .rar, .zip and installer files on separate archive drives have left me totally dependent on their availability. Continuata gives you the option to save them, as do Soundiron's, Toontrack's and Arturia's downloaders, to name a few.

Old habits die hard. So this feels like an essential feature, even though I could (in theory) learn how to get WinRar or whatever to create multiple part archives for me.

Old habits die hard. So this feels like an essential feature, even though I could (in theory) learn how to get WinRar or whatever to create multiple part archives for me.

Any archiving software can do this, like 7zip. Creating the multi-part archive takes mere seconds.

Any archiving software can do this, like 7zip. Creating the multi-part archive takes mere seconds.
You would think so. But as soon as I tried it I ran into an anomaly that needs sorting out. I created a couple of multi-part .rar archives using WinRar. Easy, just as you say. I then tried testing/unpacking them with 7zip and got an error message on each one. After about half an hour on Google, I concluded that no one knows for certain whether or not there's an actual problem, or just an incompatibility in 7zip that can be safely ignored.

Moral: with computers, anything can appear simple at first. It probably isn't.

Last edited:
@pulsedownloader, I´m getting repeated communication error from the auto-updater... any issues on your server side? Download of my latest product went well just minutes ago, though.

@pulsedownloader, I´m getting repeated communication error from the auto-updater... any issues on your server side? Download of my latest product went well just minutes ago, though.

Hi @HardyP that message is from a very old version of Pulse. Please close Pulse, then go to www.pulsedownloader.com and install the latest version. You should have no more issues after that point (and it will autoupdate without issue)

I switched computers recently and had to relink all my pulse libraries. But when I pointed at the libraries, Pulse said it still couldn't find the library and did I really want to re-link there. I did, but I'm a bit concerned that the downloader doesn't really know what version I have installed. Is there a way to check?

I switched computers recently and had to relink all my pulse libraries. But when I pointed at the libraries, Pulse said it still couldn't find the library and did I really want to re-link there. I did, but I'm a bit concerned that the downloader doesn't really know what version I have installed. Is there a way to check?

Hi there, did you point it at the exact folder or the "root" folder? In the next version of Pulse, it will detect the exact version and show you a little more clearly what version you're on. If you'd like to drop us an email at [email protected] we'll take a look at it for you

Any news on that download package option?

This is pretty far down the list on our feature requests as very few customers (3 so far) have requested this. Most people don't store the compressed files - they just copy the folders. Recompressing would only take 2-3 mins extra before you copy across to another drive, so to be honest, we're still not 100% sure its worth adding this :)

Is it possible to order the libraries alphabetically by title or by vendor? If not, that's a feature I'd like to see in the browser.

Top Bottom