What is Output Hyping for June 12th?

Discussion in 'VIRTUAL SYNTHS: Omnisphere, U-he, Reaktor, etc.' started by TigerTheFrog, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Voider

Voider Came from the future

Sep 25, 2016
    Germany
    100 days demo is really decent, but there's no benefit if I am not able to purchase the product afterwards, I don't want to rent stuff, I like to own things. And 10 bucks per month is a bad joke, that's more than I pay for Amazon Prime which gives me access to thousands of movies, a huge music library and premium shipping.

And before someone asks where the connection between those two is: Just speaking about value for money. I mean, apparently Arcade (I love that name btw) comes with thousands of samples, but it is still only one VST.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  2. JEPA

JEPA Senior Member

Mar 10, 2018
    Germany
    Arcade only works if you dance while the loops are playing... :scout::dancedance::elephant:

Wally Garten likes this.
  3. andreªs

andreªs Active Member

Jan 4, 2016
  4. stonzthro

stonzthro Senior Member

Oct 7, 2009
    Westwood, CA
    Looks like the Stylus upgrade we've been waiting for...

5. StatKsn

StatKsn Senior Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Splice with the dedicated player is what I thought.

Splice ($10/mo for 100 samples/synth patch downloads per month, unlimited preview) is a decent service for what it's worth and Arcade's terms looks good enough (unlimited use for $10/month, can still playback after the expiration). It's pretty generous, in fact!

It all depends on the content - if they have a supply from many loop developers like Splice - but I love the premise. I'd take a $10 subscription with renewed contents than a static set of loops for $100 at once any day, but if the loop content only comes from Output it kind of rip the service's appeal for me.

6. Sibelius19

Sibelius19 Music is just color and rhythm --Debussy

Dec 12, 2015
    Michigan USA
    Good option for poor people. I also like rent-to-own models.

7. StatKsn

StatKsn Senior Member

Nov 25, 2012
    For sample packs $10/mo is extremely cheap, considering I used to have to buy a $39 sample pack and end up using only a few kicks and hats, one bass shot and one or two risers.

8. Sunny Fable

Sunny Fable Senior Member

May 24, 2018
    Then you should subscribe to Noiiz. At 99$ a year currently, with many hundreds of sample packs that you can download and keep forever, presets, instruments, etc.

anp27 likes this.
  9. My suspicions about subscription instruments were confirmed. I signed up for Arcade, downloaded and installed. All fine. Then when I launched it I couldn't login. First it said that I wasn't online which is of course rubbish as I am always online (double checked anyway). When I tried again it said that my PC is already registered and that I needed to contact support. Seriously? I did the right thing and uninstalled everything and moved on. I just hope that East West and Output remain the only companies who do this subscription model. I just don't see that it will serve musicians very well. You just increase the potential support by x-fold.

Wally Garten and JEPA like this.