What's new

What is EIS?

SaintDufus

I hear people raving about EIS, so I wanted to check it out and find out what it is.

So I went to the FAQ in this forum, expecting to find "What is EIS?" as the first question on the list...but to my surprise the question is nowhere on the list.

Then I went Wikipedia, the EIS website, downloaded the brochure, etc., but so far all I can find out is that it's "unique," "revolutionary," etc.

Can anyone give me a basic sketch of what EIS is? I could continue searching and searching, but at this level of my curiosity I just want the "high level" summary--I'm not yet ready to start poring through materials trying to figure out what it is.

If anyone can explain it in a nutshell, I would be grateful.

Craig Sharmat

one succinct language for jazz, 20th century, film scoring, tone rows etc. It gives the basis to analyze others compositions and also to go off in your own tangent which no one else will be able to totally figure out (that's not always a good thing but it can be...:)...).

The course says no interval is more important than another, only stronger by basis of the overtone series and thus does away with major and minor type intervals, they get called equal intervals. This does not mean major and minor 2nd's are eliminated as one still needs to communicate with other musicians.

It's a long course of study, that's about all the detail I can give.

Top Bottom