What's new

garyhiebner

I'm looking for a new Harp Library. What do you guys recommend?

So far I've just ben using the Harps in EWSOQL, but am looking for a new more detailed Harp. Also one with some Harp Effect options. I really like the Hard Effects runs in EWSOQL, but feel like it sounded a bit dated, or I've just used it too much.

Is Spitfire's Harp one of the better ones? Any others. Keen to hear your thoughts

Ron Kords

Hi Gary,

I'm looking at the same. Will probably go SF as invested in them elsewhere but I've read that Soundiron Elysium and Chocolate Audio are equally as good (perhaps better if you prefer drier samples)

There's some other threads around that go into a good amount of depth on this....

Reactions: rvb

sostenuto

NKS Fan !
nuther solid vote for OTS Angelic Harp. Greg does strong individual instrument work and produces consistent results. :thumbsup:

ryanstrong

Spitfire, but I have to modify the dynamics so that only the softer velocities are played, it can get pointed...not brittle but just pointed.

heisenberg

having uncertain feelings
For offbeat Harp libraries have a look at two Spitfire titles — Harp Swarm and Chrysalis.

byzantium

I have the Soundiron Elysium Harp. It's rather nice. I wish it had more recorded gliss keys and scales because those that it has, are really lovely. I haven't worked with the gliss generator or pedals yet. Don't forget the old VSL harp that comes with Kontakt - it's pretty good.

Last edited:

Consona

I have Chocolate Audio Glissando Concert Harp and Impact Soundworks Plectra Series 2 - Highland Harps and I really love both of them.

JohnG

So far I've just ben using the Harps in EWSOQL

I do like the Spitfire harp demos, but that old EWQLSO harp still sounds pretty darn good in a mix. If you are writing for solo harp or where it's very exposed I can understand wanting more options, and also-- everyone gets tired of the same old thing! But that one still gets a lot of use from me.

[note: I have received free products from East West]

sluggo

Spitfire harp is great and I love the feature where you can set the pedals and perform a glass on your own keyboard.
(Does any other harp library do that?) Just important to note that there is some kind of bug when using with Logic and you'll get these weird pops occasionally. It would be great if that issue could be fixed.

lupaul

Just important to note that there is some kind of bug when using with Logic and you'll get these weird pops occasionally. It would be great if that issue could be fixed.
So I'm not alone here! Is there any solution for this?

byzantium

Spitfire harp is great and I love the feature where you can set the pedals and perform a glass on your own keyboard.
(Does any other harp library do that?)
Yes the Soundiron Elysium and Chocolate Audio harps do that, there may be others no doubt, can be found out by searching/looking up the product pages.

I am curious to know if any harp sample library includes so-called "pre-pluck buzz" noise samples.

When a harpist plucks a string that is already vibrating from a previous note, there will inevitably be a momentary buzzing sound before the string is plucked, as the string will briefly vibrate against the finger before it is stopped and re-plucked. These performance noises should help to make a MIDI mockup sound more real and alive.

In a live harp performance, the pre-pluck noises can be heard clearly:

Satorious

I currently have Chocolate Audio's Glissando Harp (which is extremely flexible and has an awesome tone) and Sonokinetic's Arpeggio (also nice - slightly older). If I needed another harp library (which I don't), I'd probably consider Soundiron's Elysium.

muk

I am curious to know if any harp sample library includes so-called "pre-pluck buzz" noise samples.

Not sure if it is exyctly what you are looking for, but from the description of Orange Tree Samples Angelic Harp: 'The adjustable preroll samples capture all the subtle fingernail noises that occur before the main pluck sound of the strings, adding a lot of depth and realism to the harp tone.'

Top Bottom