What's new

What Happened To ...

Daryl

I guess that when the PMs were lost the slogan became inappropriate, and "Musicians helping.." didn't have the same ring to it. :)

D

sleepy hollow

unconsciously incompetent
I guess that when the PMs were lost the slogan became inappropriate
Now that you mention it... You wouldn't happen to know where one Mr. Stephen Rees is? Wanted to PM you because of this, but your account settings didn't allow that. It's not that I know Stephen personally, but I always thought his contributions where rather interesting and very useful. Maybe he had trouble logging in after the forum update?

edit: btw, I did not loose a single PM during the forum update. Hm...

Last edited:

Daryl

You see I haven't changed any settings. It's just that this forum PM software is so screwed up... I lost well over half of my PMs, but they weren't complete threads, so I have some answers but no questions and lots of monologues.

D

sleepy hollow

Guess I can consider myself lucky. Absolutely no issues here, no lost messages, no problems with my email address, no trouble loggin in.

Me too, I haven't changed any settings.

creativeforge

Barefoot Heart Music
HI Daryl,
You see I haven't changed any settings. It's just that this forum PM software is so screwed up... I lost well over half of my PMs, but they weren't complete threads, so I have some answers but no questions and lots of monologues.

D
Hi Daryl, yes that is one thing that went wrong after converting the forum, although it seems to have affected only a portion. Half a million posts and over 10,000 members, I wish everything had been responding perfectly... I contacted the tech who too care of the database conversion, and hope to hear from him after the week-end. I will ask him to look into this.

It doesn't sit well with me. I'd be upset too, but at least we can try retrieving them.

I'll let you know what happens...

Regards,

Andre

Daryl

Hi Andre, not so much upset, but irritated that people have to resort to starting threads on the forum to send me PM. Is it true that my PM are switched off? I can't find any button that does this. However, in any case as there is no guarantee that the reply I gave would even exist, it seems a useless feature to me.

I understand that it is a big undertaking, but even leaving aside the lost messages, I'm not convinced that current ones would fare any better. I hope to be convinced at some point...!

D

sleepy hollow

Daryl, your profile page says This member limits who may view their full profile.

That's why no one can send you a PM.

Daryl

It probably does, but I can't find anywhere to change this.

Ah, I think I've found it. So I can now have more one sided conversations then.....!

D

creativeforge

Barefoot Heart Music
Daryl, your profile page says This member limits who may view their full profile.
That's why no one can send you a PM.
Good find, sleepyhollow!

Daryl, I started a convo with you to test it.

Also, if you could: were you aware that you set this up at some point, and do you remember what you thought it would do? Maybe others have the same issue and maybe this could be a helpful wiki...

Cheers!

Daryl

Andre, I never set anything up to be like this. I just didn't notice the option. I think a sticky going though each page and the ramifications could be very useful for new, and not so new members. ;)

D

Top Bottom