What goes on first page ?

Discussion in 'Questions about the new site? Ask here!' started by bcarwell, Nov 20, 2018.

1. bcarwell

bcarwell Senior Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Can't seem to find the answer.

When I post in a specific forum what determines if it ever appears on the main page you see when you first access the v.i. control website ? Sometimes I see my posts there, some times I don't... Does somebody determine what posts are of a more general, wider, current, etc. interest which get exposure on the main page and the others are relegated to their specific area they were originally posted in ?

Bob

2. creativeforge

creativeforge Barefoot Heart Music

Nobody is doing anything, Bob. It's all happening automatically by priority of posting. You will see your post if nobody else has responded in that thread after you, otherwise it will be theirs showing.

Hope this helps,

Andre

3. Mike Greene

Mike Greene Administrator

Note that if you're looking at "Latest Posts," then it does not show threads where nothing new has been posted since you last visited the thread. So if you post in a thread, then it will not show up in your Latest Post feed until someone else posts in that thread. This is intentional, so you don't have to see threads where you are already all caught up.

"Recent Posts" is different, in that it shows all recent threads, even the ones where you are "all caught up."

creativeforge likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    bcarwell

bcarwell Senior Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Many thanks ! That clears up several things I was wondering about ! Hope you all have a nice turkey day. All the best,

Bob

creativeforge likes this.
  5. creativeforge

creativeforge Barefoot Heart Music

Thank you Bob, same to you and yours! :)