What goes on first page ?

bcarwell

Can't seem to find the answer.

When I post in a specific forum what determines if it ever appears on the main page you see when you first access the v.i. control website ? Sometimes I see my posts there, some times I don't... Does somebody determine what posts are of a more general, wider, current, etc. interest which get exposure on the main page and the others are relegated to their specific area they were originally posted in ?

Bob

creativeforge

Barefoot Heart Music
Can't seem to find the answer.

When I post in a specific forum what determines if it ever appears on the main page you see when you first access the v.i. control website ? Sometimes I see my posts there, some times I don't... Does somebody determine what posts are of a more general, wider, current, etc. interest which get exposure on the main page and the others are relegated to their specific area they were originally posted in ? Bob
Nobody is doing anything, Bob. It's all happening automatically by priority of posting. You will see your post if nobody else has responded in that thread after you, otherwise it will be theirs showing.

Hope this helps,

Andre

Mike Greene

Note that if you're looking at "Latest Posts," then it does not show threads where nothing new has been posted since you last visited the thread. So if you post in a thread, then it will not show up in your Latest Post feed until someone else posts in that thread. This is intentional, so you don't have to see threads where you are already all caught up.

"Recent Posts" is different, in that it shows all recent threads, even the ones where you are "all caught up."