What's new

What do you guys think Metropolis Ark 4 will consist of?

tim727

At this point they've already covered a lot of basic ground between the first three Arks and Time Macro, so my guess is synthy stuff. Either that or they might venture into ethnic territory. What do you guys think?

Edit: Just to clarify this library has not been announced or even hinted at yet, so the fact that I'm assuming it's even coming out at all is technically pure conjecture.

Hmm, that's possible. The thing is though that all the Arks have an assortment of patches for various sections, so it would be weird if MA4 was just a choir lib. Rather it seems more likely that they would release a "Berlin Choirs", but I could be wrong.

Either way I can't wait until they do finally release a choir lib. Their choir stuff is so far above and beyond anything else out there that I'll have a little aneurism when I get my hands on a bona fide, complete OT choir lib.

I could see an aleatoric Ark.....
Or ethnic Ark.....
Or maybe just The Berlin Choirs .

Whatever it will be....it will be...for me !!!

I hope it's "Adventure" Ark. Something for writing fast lines. Playable runs patches for strings and woodwinds, brass repetitions, tuned percussion, agile choir(something like Oceania, but with legatos as well)...you get the idea. That would be great and in my opinion is something that is not covered well in the sample world.

-Hannes

Hmm, that's possible. The thing is though that all the Arks have an assortment of patches for various sections, so it would be weird if MA4 was just a choir lib. Rather it seems more likely that they would release a "Berlin Choirs", but I could be wrong.

Either way I can't wait until they do finally release a choir lib. Their choir stuff is so far above and beyond anything else out there that I'll have a little aneurism when I get my hands on a bona fide, complete OT choir lib.
I agree. Berlin Choirs is much more likely to happen and makes way more sense for a standalone choir.

Though it would be cool if Ark 4 was a full blown choir library that also specialized in ensemble patches, much like that Angels patch from Afflatus, but more complex. Throw a ton of a fx and pads in there, and I could see how it could be another Ark.

My guess would have been more jazzy articulations for MA4 until they announced "Glory Days" a few days ago.

Hopefully something with upper woodwinds! I could also go for lots of varieties of tempo-locked swells, kind of an Ark 3 approach only for swells. Ark 4, the breathing orchestra...

I hope it's "Adventure" Ark. Something for writing fast lines. Playable runs patches for strings and woodwinds, brass repetitions, tuned percussion, agile choir(something like Oceania, but with legatos as well)...you get the idea. That would be great and in my opinion is something that is not covered well in the sample world.

-Hannes
+1 good idea.

Top Bottom