What's new

What do you do with old or semi / non functioning hardware?

musicalweather

I have a mixer (12 channel Yamaha MG) that has some faulty channels on it. I want to get rid of it, but don't really want to throw it in the trash and watch it end up in a landfill. I'm curious what you all do with hardware that's no longer functioning or useful to you. Ideally, I'd like to pass this on to someone who is interested in fixing it or tinkering with it. If anyone here is in the LA area and wants to take this off my hands, let me know...

Are there any schools, libraries, churches that might get some use out of it? I do believe donations are also tax deductible, in certain cases

Are there any schools, libraries, churches that might get some use out of it? I do believe donations are also tax deductible, in certain cases
I wouldn't want to give a mixer with faulty channels to a school or church. Not unless they're interested in doing the repairs themselves.

I know in schools and churches there are many people who know about electronics/engineering/whatever skills you need to repair such things. In my old church there were many people who could have diagnosed and fixed the issues in your mixer. Same with "shop classes" in schools, they could use your mixer as a lab case to diagnose the problem and fix it. Anyway, they were just thoughts. I hope the mixer can find a good home.

Top Bottom