What's new

What did you buy from Spitfire's Wishlist?

I saw someone posting he felt like he has robbed Spitfire Audio with all the nice discounts.

When I see all the spending from customers, I think the opposite. Spitfire Audio will empty your wallets and make a big deposit in their bank account...

Rather Spitfire have it than McDonald's or the booze aisle in Asda. Win win

Still nuttin'. Latest puzzle ….. Symphony Chamber Strings or BHCT.
Both on WL, and …. angelic side says SCS. Slightly demonic side says BHCT.

btw … Studio Strings Core is done deal.

The chamber strings sound beautiful and have a more traditional orchestral sound in a beautiful hall.
If you like the edgier sound of a smaller room (sound stage) BHCT is pretty good and gives you a lot of unique pre-mixed ensembles. However it can do traditional scores as well.
I did several pieces of music that is almost all BHCT. They are all on Soundcloud under wilifordmusic.
The Studio Strings work well (as do the brass) with BHCT if you want more control over your voicings.

Hope the sound examples help. Steve

The chamber strings sound beautiful and have a more traditional orchestral sound in a beautiful hall.
If you like the edgier sound of a smaller room (sound stage) BHCT is pretty good and gives you a lot of unique pre-mixed ensembles. However it can do traditional scores as well.
I did several pieces of music that is almost all BHCT. They are all on Soundcloud under wilifordmusic.
The Studio Strings work well (as do the brass) with BHCT if you want more control over your voicings.

Hope the sound examples help. Steve

Cool tracks on Soundcloud !! :thumbsup:
Struggle is all between my ears …. but really not a classical, orchestra, composer-kinda-guy. Tough to face reality, but BHCT and Studio Strings /Brass sure 'feels' more like me. :barefoot:

Thanks, I really like Jerry Goldsmith and Bernard Herrmann and I have gravitated towards that sound.
They could really write beautiful music but they weren't afraid to totally brutalize you with their sound.
The drier recorded sound of BHCT and the Studio Series (please make the Woodwinds sooon Spitfire) can do a lot of things. Steve

You never know. Don't give up hope. If they extend the WishList because of the huge demand/technical issues, I'm sure they would make a lot more friends and probably a load more sales from people waiting for another paycheck. I'm out of money but I haven't deleted my wishlist yet.
Just In Case.
Steve

You never know. Don't give up hope. If they extend the WishList because of the huge demand/technical issues, I'm sure they would make a lot more friends and probably a load more sales from people waiting for another paycheck. I'm out of money but I haven't deleted my wishlist yet.
Just In Case.
Steve

No lost hope. Spitfire has been good to us in the past, present, and I'm certain the future. The things on my list were more luxuries than necessities.

Studio Strings, standard edition. Wow is that a lot for $150! Honestly, I love the tone. I use Reverberate 2 and blend/layer it with SCS Pro and togeather they sound really, really nice. SCS has detail and space, while SSS adds a smoothness, richness to the sound. It’s a steal at the current promo.

After this nice wishlist it might be all over the place :grin:
I don´t do it for a living, maybe some side projects if i have time but mainly for the joy of creating and experiment with these tools in an uncommon way.
After watching several videos and walktroughs of both i´m now sure it would def. the EWC. It just is so much more what i want from a choir and it is indeed quite the most unique choir plug-in i heard yet or saw. The epic in your face and phrase and word builders are there in masses.
It seems like with the HZ Strings the meanings are a bit love it or hate it like.
Oh, since i´m there, i´m sure it will work great together with the HZS and Albion V which are kind of a similar epic, mysterious and ethereal but not in your face things.
Now i wait until the last minute to decide. Still 1 1/2 days left......
Then i also think still about to upgrade straight away to StudioStringsPro....but just to get the close mics mainly....mmhhhh?

You know you want EWC, go for it! :D

Studio Strings Pro also provides ensemble, half and divisi samples. Totally worth it.

I have a really hard time chosing between chamber strings and studio strings pro. Maybe I like the tight sound of the sts pro better but scs seems as such a classic. What is the main difference between them? Im gonna use it both for orchestral musik and for indie pop rock strings..

Im also superintressted in bhct..

I contacted support, but still haven't received my codes. Oh well.. maybe next year?
Try contacting them again? If you can catch someone online in a Chat session (assuming they're working today) that might be good?
I've had problems receiving emails from them before (although it might be my ISP who just block some emails without even putting them into SPAM folder for me to look at).

You know you want EWC, go for it! :D

Studio Strings Pro also provides ensemble, half and divisi samples. Totally worth it.

I have no space for any of these anyway. But yes, i doubt i can get the choir for such a good price in the next months.
I don´t think i need all the extras in the StudioStringsPro but i really miss the close mics. The tree mics comes with too much room for me for some user cases.
I already have StudioBrassCore and that´s enough and for sure i will get StudioWindsCore as well.
But especially with the Strings i really want that very close and dry sound (o.k. and the divisi might be very useful as well for me).
I could upgrade at any time but since i put both versions into the WL i could now upgrade also for 40% less that makes the same price as i had choosen the pro version with the 40% and so i even have both versions. Strange. So it always makes sense for me to buy the core version and then upgrade to the pro. So i get 2 versions for the same price and have always a light version at hand and "2" licenses as well.
My plug-in money is already gone but these offers are just too good to pass.
Together with the StudioBrassCore i bought on promo it would make a total of about €810.
And then i have to wait maybe another 2 months before i could use the SStPro and EWC since i would need a new extern 1TB (or 2) SSD on top (i´m already lurking for a Samsung T5 since i´m really happy with the T1 and T3 i already have).
Maybe i cancel my holiday this summer and go for all of it instead. Music creation, even if it is just have half an hour a day, sometimes is like holiday every time i open these wonderful tools under my fingers.
I just wish my family would understand that. :cautious:

Yay, after hours of hours of reading and watching walkthroughs and reviews, I finally made it:
- SSoS - to accomplish my beloved SSO
- Martyn Ware N.I.C. - Roland M100 + Jupiter 7 synth sample lib - superkool!
- eDNA Earth - love the idea and the sounds, could become one of my go-to-synths
- and Orchestral Swarm - I am not sure, how much use I'll get out of this, but their are so many very adorable sounds in it, absolutely love it.
...SSEvo and Spitfire Percussion (Joby Burgess) had to be postponed for this.

I am also interested in the EW Choir and Spitfire Studio line, but will wait a little, and check out the soon coming MSB. ...budget is crushed for now, anyway.

Thank you Spitfire for the great lib's, and for the offering!
Happy NYE everybody :-D

Last edited:
Top Bottom