What's new

What did you buy from Spitfire's Wishlist?

Really interested in this one. Now I already have OA Chamber Evolution, and wonder if it’s not redundant ...
Any though ?
Symphonic Evolutions is really very different from the others because of the large ensemble. In fact, I find the grid very hard to use and really only managed to make the library work for me when I reimagined it not as an Evo but more as a set of really interesting orchestral string longs. And that's how I tend to use it, as individual longs supplementing the other longs in Symphonic Strings rather than mixed across the range as with an Evo.

Symphonic Evolutions is really very different from the others because of the large ensemble. In fact, I find the grid very hard to use and really only managed to make the library work for me when I reimagined it not as an Evo but more as a set of really interesting orchestral string longs. And that's how I tend to use it, as individual longs supplementing the other longs in Symphonic Strings rather than mixed across the range as with an Evo.

Your experience helps to set expectations, as stressing a bit over this one.
Have Tundra, EVO3, and adding OACE. Paul T Walkthrough did not cause me to focus on 'large ensemble' issues you mention.
40% Code may still make this some useful content …..

Really interested in this one (Symphonic strings evolution). Now I already have OA Chamber Evolution, and wonder if it’s not redundant ...
Any though ?
If you have SSS, then SSE will expand your palette when used together. I have both SSE & OACE, I find that SSE is "smoother" sounding due to the number of players. For me, OACE doesn't have the breadth of sound that SSE has, even though they're both recorded at Air.

If you have SSS, then SSE will expand your palette when used together. I have both SSE & OACE, I find that SSE is "smoother" sounding due to the number of players. For me, OACE doesn't have the breadth of sound that SSE has, even though they're both recorded at Air.
Interesting.
Now, are the Evo from SSE as easy to use (in background) as OACE evos/waves ?

Chamber Strings
Albion V Tundra
Olafur Arnalds Chamber Evolutions
Andy Findon Kit Bag 1
Ricotti Mallets

Purchased on Christmas Day while traveling and now I’m just aching to get back home so I can actually start the downloads...
Let me know how you think tundra and OA pair :)

It also depends on the ensemble you are trying to match, because OACE is a smaller ensemble. So if you want to match SSS or any full orchestral string patch, SSE will sit better. I find the smoothness of SSE to be double edged, because often what I'm looking for in an EVO is the detail that is washed out in the larger ensemble. I think that's a reason I also find it harder to work with SSE on the EVO grid.

Sorry, I probably replied to you as I was finishing up. Don't worry you'll get a response first thing tomorrow.
Thanks Luke! It was worth the wait. I’m downloading the solo and studio strings, cimbalom, and the harp. Looking forward to trying them out on an album project I’m working on.

Studio Strings Professional and the new Choir.
Kinda surprised with the Studio Strings Professional. Didn’t think I needed yet another string library (especially one that doesn’t seem to have an ensemble patch), but I rolled my own multi and am very happy. You can be intimate or epic and the legatos seem snappier than my other libs.
Still downloading the choir.

Top Bottom