What Christmas Sales can we expect this year?

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by NathanTiemeyer, Dec 13, 2018.

1. NathanTiemeyer

NathanTiemeyer Member

Sep 19, 2016
    Some companies have already announced their Christmas sales, but are there any developers that usually have sales every year? I'm particularly interested in some products from Impact Soundworks. :)

2. gregh

gregh Senior Member

Feb 1, 2015
    For FX - Blue Cat Audio have their sale on - they only do sales once a year, the prices aren't dropped ridiculously, but their products are extremely well designed and functional.
    PluginAlliance have a Xmas sale on at the moment too - the Unfiltered Audio products are also great quality and open for creative use

patrick76 and Zoot_Rollo like this.
  3. Architekton

Architekton Active Member

Jan 18, 2017
    What do you guys think will cinematic studio strings and brass have some christamas sale?

4. MillsMixx

MillsMixx Production Director/Sound Designer

Jan 23, 2015
    Seattle
    Spitfire wishlist last year was better than Black Friday for me l recall. I hope it's really bad .. I'm broke after the last couple months of incredible deals

ag75, Zoot_Rollo and Wally Garten like this.
  5. mikefrommontreal

mikefrommontreal Active Member

Jan 6, 2015
    When does that usually happen, about?

6. dannyrand

dannyrand New Member

Nov 15, 2018
    On Christmas Day. The products that are in your wishlist get discounted, so you can start adding now :) They've done it for a few years now so I think its a safe bet to assume they'll be doing it this year.

mikefrommontreal likes this.
  7. Wally Garten

Wally Garten Active Member

Apr 23, 2018
    Big Fish Audio has started a Christmas sale. Not the most exciting, as they have sales several times a year, but I've been eyeing Vintage Horns 2 for a while....

Rey and Quasar like this.
  8. Rey

Rey Active Member

Apr 1, 2017
    yeah. I was scouting around for Sonuscore the Orchestra, looks like no sale for that one. Too bad. I missed the black Friday sale of 40%. wish they can make another one

Zoot_Rollo likes this.
  9. MillsMixx

MillsMixx Production Director/Sound Designer

Jan 23, 2015
    Seattle
    Last year was their 10th Anniversary so the savings were better than usual. I see that they've been creating special bundle combinations with their products and offering discounts that are hard to pass up. Last year I was able to get 40% on Bernard Herrmann Toolkit. Also both Spitfire Symphonic Strings & Chamber Strings for 606.00 total for both. Of course that was their 10 anniversary year but still, this Back Friday was pretty generous :thumbsup: We'll see in couple weeks

dannyrand likes this.
  10. dpasdernick

dpasdernick Senior Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Does Native Instruments do a Christmas sale on their own products? I know they've got a sale on with OT products right now but I was hoping to upgrade to Komplete 12 Ultimate Collector's Edition.

whiskers likes this.
  11. whiskers

whiskers Perpetual student

Sep 5, 2018
    US
    Usually I think their deeper discounts are in summer. Someone else will have to speak to if they do any kind of winter deals though

MartinH. likes this.
  12. damcry

damcry Member

Mar 10, 2018
    Projectsam might start soon ...

13. Wally Garten

Wally Garten Active Member

Apr 23, 2018
  14. MrLinssi

MrLinssi A glorified bedroom musician.

Oct 1, 2016
    Finland
    I have money saved up for chamber strings...hope I get a nice discount for Christmas and if not...well, I still got my EDU discount! ;)

ag75 likes this.
  15. JonSolo

JonSolo Not Han's Brother

I am really hoping for another Best Service sale. I missed the BF one altogether. Of course, like many of us, it is a BLOATED year for me. I can't believe what I have acquired. Gladly, most of it covers some new ground (I resisted the urge to get 5x new reverbs, and 3x new compressors, ha).

lp59burst and Zoot_Rollo like this.
  16. R. Soul

R. Soul Senior Member

Jan 7, 2006
    London, UK
    ADSR have a Christmas sale on now.
    From dev's like Mode audio, Origin audio, Echo sound works etc. Discounts up to 95% off.

Wally Garten likes this.
  17. Zoot_Rollo

Zoot_Rollo Throbbing Member

Jul 1, 2016
    yes, this year has been crazy.

i went for the 5 new reverbs on top of the library madness.

18. tokatila

tokatila Senior Member

Mar 6, 2014
    5 only?

And also I guess that Fabfilter has some kind of sale usually.

19. Jonas Hallstrom

Jonas Hallstrom Member

Oct 22, 2017
    Which is your fav of those five ?

20. Inceptic

Inceptic Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Some of these are intriguing, but the GBP to USD conversion rate used on the site is excessive, anywhere from 6 to 10 USD per instrument on top of the actual conversion rate. And some have included VAT, which isn't removed either for non-EU customers.