What's new

What are your *most* important wishes for Logic and work with sample libraries?

1. Disable Track (Unload Samples from RAM)
2. More Instrument tracks and/or Aux tracks
3. MIDI Out from AU
5. Multiple movie files in 1 project
5. Access to Multiple Projects (In tabs maybe)
6. Ability to change Settings in Audio (I/O Device, Buffer Size, etc) without unloading & re-loading everything.
7. Ability to access logic's own instruments as 3rd party instruments (So can be loaded inside Komplete Kontrol)
8. RAM & CPU Management tools (Showing how much RAM or CPU each track is using, or just the hogs and then either optimising by itself or giving us the option to use the disable functions to free resources)
9. Undo for Mixer edits
10. ARA-Compatibility for better Melodyne usability

1. Ability to completely unload a plugin and its samples from memory when the track is disabled. (Would be a huge boon for large orchestral templates.)
  2. Ability to see and edit multiple CC's in a MIDI track simultaneously.
  3. Preference/option to NOT automatically select every/any region in a track when a different track is selected, or every time I undo a recorded take for that matter. (This simple change would save me many minutes of time and aggravation on a daily basis, as I prefer to use the "Merge with selected region(s)" option when recording MIDI, and I can't count how many times a day this results in my having to undo a perfectly good take because Logic merged every take on the track into one long region as a result of having auto-selected all of the regions just because I switched to recording on a different track.)
  4. Expression maps ala Cubase (as many others have already said).

1. Smart Controls on individual tracks continue to work when in a Track Stack. I found a way to "automate" CCs so that my Mackie MCU motorised faders match the CC position per track, but this stops working when tracks are in Track Stacks.

2. Ability to save custom assignments, rather than relying on the prefs file as if it corrupts and you didnt back up the most recent one...

- I want to see and edit several automation lines. Perhaps displayed like transparent layers a la Photoshop.

- I also want to be able to edit automation curves that are being applied simultaneously to several selected region on different tracks.

- I'd like to draw an automation or tempo curve in a freehand mode.

- I'd like to be able to open two complete Piano Roll editor windows

- I want to see Logic's own articulation switching solution (Expression maps).

I also want to be able to edit automation curves that are being applied simultaneously to several selected region on different tracks.

Perhaps I don't understand what your intention is for this, but if you happen to want to edit automation simultaneously for several tracks at the same time position, have you tried making them a track group in the mixer? When I do that, I can record channel automation for all of them at once using just one fader/knob ... and better, when I manually edit one of those automation lanes, the others mirror those same edits as well.

My MOST important wish is.........make it as stable and smooth as it was before version X. It´s great to have new and up to date features, but it makes no sense to me, if the basic handling gets weaker.

1. Disable Track (Unload Samples from RAM)
2. More Instrument tracks and/or Aux tracks
3. MIDI Out from AU
5. Multiple movie files in 1 project
5. Access to Multiple Projects (In tabs maybe)
6. Ability to change Settings in Audio (I/O Device, Buffer Size, etc) without unloading & re-loading everything.
7. Ability to access logic's own instruments as 3rd party instruments (So can be loaded inside Komplete Kontrol)
8. RAM & CPU Management tools (Showing how much RAM or CPU each track is using, or just the hogs and then either optimising by itself or giving us the option to use the disable functions to free resources)
9. Undo for Mixer edits
10. ARA-Compatibility for better Melodyne usability
They have been listening! But are any DAWs capable of doing what you describe in #6?

Two main wishes for Logic:

Better automatic display of flats and sharps
Diatonic transpose
••• Accidentals and triads in Sibelius.png

Sibelius diatonic quantize.png

Top Bottom