What's new

What are your favourite Brass Libraries then?

Despite the many negative opinions here (including mine when it first came out) I took a leap of faith and got MSB lately... and man I realised how much the snowballing of bad demos/misunderstanding of the product/parroting bad impressions(rightfully based on the bad demos) can destroy such a great product! No regrets here and I'm really glad I grabbed it during the current sale

Despite the many negative opinions here (including mine when it first came out) I took a leap of faith and got MSB lately... and man I realised how much the snowballing of bad demos/misunderstanding of the product/parroting bad impressions(rightfully based on the bad demos) can destroy such a great product! No regrets here and I'm really glad I grabbed it during the current sale
I'm not surprised, I own all their other libraries and love them. I must admit I have held off for the same reasons (unfounded fear). If you get a chance to post any clips, I would love to hear them. It's hard to find much of anything except the one YT video and the basic AB In Depth videos.

Just thought I'd ask what everyone's favourite Brass libraries are. I haven't bought as many Brass libraries as I have, for example, String libraries and I actually notice the lack of choice by having so few. My most recent purchase was EWHO and loving some of Hollywood Brass (haven't got through everything in it yet - the whole orchestra is huge in scope and choice).

I haven't yet bought Cinematic Studio Brass (and definitely going to - just had other things to spend my money on) but I'm looking forward to it after buying CSS and CSSS and if they are anything to go by, I can only imagine it being amazing.

I also have had my eyes/ears on OT's Berlin Brass as I love the idea of separate players.

Also, wondering about Adventure Brass. And whether Cinebrass Pro is worth getting when I already have Cinebrass Core...

Man, there's a lot of choice and I haven't even mentioned them all. Just wondering what everyone is using at this point! And please, no arguing... Oh what am I saying. FIGHT...
SSB, SStB Professional, JXL Brass, BBO Zodiac Trombones/Horns, BBO Jupiter, BBO Hercules, Metropolis Ark 1 & 2.

Well, for me (with my middle-of-the-line collection) it's now Bravura Scoring Brass.

I also like ARK 1 and 2 but I find them more niche.

I'm not surprised, I own all their other libraries and love them. I must admit I have held off for the same reasons (unfounded fear). If you get a chance to post any clips, I would love to hear them. It's hard to find much of anything except the one YT video and the basic AB In Depth videos.
Will do whenever I get the chance, but in the meantime I'd recommend everyone to take a listen to zolhof's snippet posted here. Just this tiny example changed my mind 180° so I bought it and found that all other instruments are equally beautiful and playable

In the past I would have voted Berlin Brass in my limited knowledge because I thought it sounded "good". Since then two things have happened: I've started to learn about brass arranging (just at a 101 level so far) and I got the SL88 Grand with the 3-point contacts, and now all the low-volume samples of Berlin Brass REALLY shine as does the overall dynamic range (yes, controller and velocity curves do matter!), so now BB is really my pick. BUT--I still need the muted expansion whenever that goes on sale.

Not a fair assessment really, I don't know enough yet to accurately judge... but when you are working out a brass part and you MARVEL at the timbre of the instrument in your cans, it's worth a vote.

+1 for MSB. I will try to post a demo track featuring the library when I feel I have something that does justice to the library. It really deserves more recognition. I was sceptical but after using it for two weeks I just love the workflow. Of course there are some minor kinks but so far the scripting and the sample editing has been really really solid. You can argue about the sound character but I personally prefer it against other libraries that are obnoxiously mid heavy at higher dynamics.

I'm pleased by the rehabilitation of MSB because I'm an Audiobro fanboy and thought it sounded great in the demos. It didn't quite tip me over the edge into buying it just yet, but that might happen at some point.

My favorite at the moment is Berlin Brass. Granted brass is a weak point in my template but i think they're fantastic. About the worst complaint about them is that instruments are not perfectly balanced one to the next but since i play in lines one at a time I'm naturally compensating for that without even trying so it doesn't bug me any. They sound beautiful to my ears.

I'm excited to hear user produced work using MSB. I'm also a big fan of Audiobro but couldn't get over the few demos I heard. I almost pulled the trigger on Berlin Brass as the completist approach of having individual players is very seductive. But now that a Modern Scoring template is on the table, I'll have to wait and see.

i like using free angry brass and ML brass from Waverunner for creating big brass sounds, sometimes i'm layering with sonivox brass (staccato). impact soundworks bravura for low dynamic. i'm still learning how to use bravura because it has a lot of potential and it has additional brass instrument like piccolo trumpet, flugelhorn, chord and FX.

maybe next year i'm going to get CSB or infinite brass or century brass if i need more brass.

Top Bottom