What are your favourite Brass Libraries then?

constaneum

That's probably how I would approach it as well to create some realistic space and variation in distance. But I don't own CSB yet. YET!
For the strings alone, I'd rather boost some air to make them a little closer.
yes but the close mic would be a great option to add in some bite. I lately try to create a different template by layering CSS using the classical legato patch (the Close mic) with CS2 (stage mic). So far i like the sound of it.

dsblais

VSL is fantastic for solos especially with legato, FORZO for ensemble layering, and Spitfire Symphonic Brass for general composition. Sometimes the Arks fit in, but the versatility is limited there. YMMV! :)

Consona

I'm just writing a piece with CineBrass Core/Pro and jeez, the stereo image between sustains and shorts is so inconsistant it drives me crazy. And the dynamic range between 1, 2 and 6 horns is all over the place so I can't just put another section over the same midi without the need of totally reprogramming the midi part.

@CineSamples is there any update planned? I'm trying to correct the stereo in Kontakt using stereo modeller but can't put it right.

For those owning 90s Retro Brass, how's programming? And how's the dynamic range, I watched all the walkthroughs and nobody properly showed how soft it can get, so I think there's only 1 dyn layer? Is stereo all right?

Anyway, still waiting for JXL Brass and OT's a la carte shop before buying anything new.

Casiquire

So little love for Infinite brass?
There are products that get talked about a ton in here, like some of the Spitfire offerings, CSB, even Hollywood Brass after all these years. But then there are products that get nothing but praise and love when they're mentioned, but they don't come up frequently for some reason! I believe that's where Infinite Brass sits. Most people seem to really like it and I've heard some great work done with it.

OP
jononotbono

jononotbono

Luke Johnson
I keep reading really good things about the Infinite series. Will likely buy them at some stage. Thing is, I bought JXLBrass on release and I’m loving it so I’m learning how to use it properly.

Still want to buy CSB as it has a great discount. Also used SSB a lot since starting this thread and do love the sound of it.

Was very close to buying Berlin Brass but along came JXLBrass and I went with that (but because I’m a sample whore - will likely buy it so I have the full Berlin Orchestra. One day).

I like music

I keep reading really good things about the Infinite series. Will likely buy them at some stage. Thing is, I bought JXLBrass on release and I’m loving it so I’m learning how to use it properly.

Still want to buy CSB as it has a great discount. Also used SSB a lot since starting this thread and do love the sound of it.

Was very close to buying Berlin Brass but along came JXLBrass and I went with that (but because I’m a sample whore - will likely buy it so I have the full Berlin Orchestra. One day).
Have you seen the comparisons Shawnsingh did between IB and Berlin? He EQ matched and got them sounding pretty similar to my ear.

Excellent library.

StillLife

Wow! Who's your sponsor, Jono?

jbuhler

I'm pretty happy with SSB, though would like more mutes, especially legato for trumpet. I replaced the SSB solo trombone with JXL Brass solo trombone. And so far that's working well. I usually use Ark 1 trumpets a4 instead of the SSB trumpets a6, and Ark 1 horns a9 in place of the SSB horns a6. And for supplements I add the piccolo trumpet, stopped horns, bass trumpet, and euphonium from SF Studio Brass; the Wagner Tubas a3 from Ark2; the flugelhorn and muted and stopped horns from Century Brass; and the horneuph from Loegria; and the low brass from Iceni.

OP
jononotbono

jononotbono

Luke Johnson
I'm pretty happy with SSB, though would like more mutes, especially legato for trumpet. I replaced the SSB solo trombone with JXL Brass solo trombone. And so far that's working well. I usually use Ark 1 trumpets a4 instead of the SSB trumpets a6, and Ark 1 horns a9 in place of the SSB horns a6. And for supplements I add the piccolo trumpet, stopped horns, bass trumpet, and euphonium from SF Studio Brass; the Wagner Tubas a3 from Ark2; the flugelhorn and muted and stopped horns from Century Brass; and the horneuph from Loegria; and the low brass from Iceni.
I recently used M Ark 1 and 3 and the Brass in those are absolutely amazing. Limited but what they do is amazing! And JXL Brass has the same room sound so they all work so well together.

Wow! Who's your sponsor, Jono?
Haha! Wish I had one. I have an exhausting life and work pretty much every day/night so I save my money and then spend it on things like Green screens and Sample libraries. Probably going to stop buying stuff soon and save up for hopefully moving to LA at some point. Hopefully is a big word at the moment.

dcoscina

My top choices:

1. CineBrass - perfect for the punchy superhero sound.
2. Cinematic Studio Brass - a very warm tone, opens up beautifully with beautiful dynamic crossfading
3. Berlin Brass - sooo good at low dynamics, very noble in colour, surprisingly effective at loud shorts.
What Chris said but in opposite order. I’m working mostly on concert pieces so I’m not needing super hyped brass so Berlin works very well for me

AndyP

CineBrass because they have crisp shorts, Hollywood Brass for the incredibly good dynamic range and sound.

Century Brass especially the solo instruments, and Bravura for the more subtle material.

I often start with (not only) Caspian, Adventure and Trailer Brass. Sometimes they stay in.

I love them all...