What's new

What are your favourite Brass Libraries then?

I'm happy with JXL Brass with addition layers of Trailer Brass (if I'm doing trailer stuff) and BBC Orchestra (if I'm going more classical way). I also have Century Brass, but still didn't find a purpose for that in my template.

In terms of priority

1) Berlin Brass - sounds the best for me, Teldex hall is gorgeous, and you get separate soloists but doesn't have as many instruments

2) VSL VI Brass I, II, Additional - When I need techniques and instruments that Berlin Brass doesn't have. Albeit it has TOO many instruments because I've never really needed Wagner tuba, bass trumpet, or alto trombone.

3) Infinite Brass - Out of the three, I like its sound the least but if I really need the absolute flexibility or I need cup muted brass which the rest of my setup doesn't have then I'll tap into it.

2) VSL VI Brass I, II, Additional
How do you prefer to mix these with your Berlin samples? Do you use Mir?

Interested as Berlin is my main orchestra but I’ve always been jealous of the incredible array of detailed articulations in the old VSL VI libraries.

I’m generally trying to produce a dry-ish studio sound (think the score from A New Hope).

Thanks in advance! 🙏

Interested as Berlin is my main orchestra but I’ve always been jealous of the incredible array of detailed articulations in the old VSL VI libraries.

I’m generally trying to produce a dry-ish studio sound (think the score from A New Hope).

Thanks in advance! 🙏
MIRx Teldex works perfectly for VSL VI, decent price too

Big room environment (scoring stage/hall):
  • Berlin Brass
  • JXL/TH Brass
  • Metropolis Ark Brass
Small room environment (studio orchestra or recording studio):
  • Infinite Brass
  • Spitfire Studio Brass Pro

Thanks in advance! 🙏
Berlin Studio. I formerly used MIRX but this one is way more flexible because of emulated mic positions and resource friendly. It’s twice as expensive but you’re not stuck with VSL stuff and can put other libraries in Teldex too.

Of course MIR PRO 3D will be way more flexible but that’s way more expensive and taxing on the system. This one provides a great middle ground.

Top Bottom