What's new

What are you sitting on that's not an Aeron/standard-style office chair?

I am in need of a new studio chair and been looking around for the past month to find a good fit.

At the moment I am considering two options:

- Vitra ID Mesh
- SitagTeam lowback

Both chairs are highly ergonomic with many wonderful functions that my back will love ;)

Many blessings,

Max

I have a Corrigo-Designs chair (uk). Got it mostly because it seemed to be a back-saving solution that was a bit cheaper than an Aeron - still not a cheap chair - but I couldn't justify the cost of an Aeron to myself. Had it for about 3 years so far I think - and no complaints.

Just curious. Does anyone use a bench? I use a cheap Staples mesh swivel chair on wheels in order to move between my KK S61 to my left and (new) SL 88 Grand (til recently there was a PC3X in that position). But to my right is a Yamaha G2 and I never play that on a swivel, always a bench. Body mechanics just feel right to me when I lean into the keyboard without my seat spinning underneath me. The chair is actually a relatively new addition and works ok since I am often reaching for a mouse or controller while using the daw. But for pure playing, I don't think you can beat a bench.

I find sitting normally on a chair intensely uncomfortable. I tend to instead kneel/crouch/slouch on chairs in weird ways. To try and fix this I recently ordered one of these:

1633119720201.png

I thought it was worth a shot, but I hate it. I get pains from it in places that never hurt before.
Does anyone use something similar with success? Or better yet, did someone custom build a fitting cushion for themselves?

Just curious. Does anyone use a bench? I use a cheap Staples mesh swivel chair on wheels in order to move between my KK S61 to my left and (new) SL 88 Grand (til recently there was a PC3X in that position). But to my right is a Yamaha G2 and I never play that on a swivel, always a bench. Body mechanics just feel right to me when I lean into the keyboard without my seat spinning underneath me. The chair is actually a relatively new addition and works ok since I am often reaching for a mouse or controller while using the daw. But for pure playing, I don't think you can beat a bench.

A bench... interesting idea. I never thought about it. But my parents used to have an old couch in their kitchen next to the table. The height would have been too low for PC work and it was a bit cumbersome sitting down and getting up because you couldn't move the couch. You might need to think about a solution where you move the table closer to you instead. If you can figure that out, I could see a bench with backrest work though. If you try it, I'd love to see pictures!

Top Bottom