What's new

What are you listening to? YES!

Is it Jazz fusion or Progressive Rock or both? Who cares, its great!
This an example of the dominance of western culture. So there! :)

Hey @Mike Greene when can we expect Progressive, Jazz, Djent Creator?:sneaky::grin:

Last edited:
What's your favorite? Happy to see also King Crimson or other progressive bands! Maybe I can discover some hidden gems, would be great!
The Buggles era of Yes is probably the least interesting to me. For my part, Jon Anderson is the voice of Yes... but I guess it was weird time for them. I'm glad they survived.

My favorite Yes is Close to the Edge - maybe it's because that's the first album of theirs I heard? But to me it's prog royalty - Squire, Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman and Howe at their finest. This song makes me want to break out a Mellotron:

The Buggles era of Yes is probably the least interesting to me. For my part, Jon Anderson is the voice of Yes... but I guess it was weird time for them. I'm glad they survived.

My favorite Yes is Close to the Edge - maybe it's because that's the first album of theirs I heard? But to me it's prog royalty - Squire, Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman and Howe at their finest. This song makes me want to break out a Mellotron:

Maybe I wouldn't exactly say "survived" as Chris Squire had passed away and Jon Anderson got fired from the current official line-up. Steve Howe has taken over and I think he hired the singer from a former tribute band. Though speaking of the Buggles, I believe that Geoff Downes is the current keyboard player. Their recent album does have a couple interesting tunes and I may eventually pick it up, though I wouldn't place it in the Close to the Edge category. In many respects it was a music of that time.

I received Close to the Edge as a Christmas present in 1972. I was 11 years old then and I'm still listening to it! Without doubt my favourite album.

Drive Home …..Steve Wilson prodigious composer ,producer engineer,Guthrie Govan virtuoso guitarist ,Gavin Harrison virtusoso percussionist

The guitar solo here is absolutely incredible. Big fan of SW, particularly The Raven and Hand Cannot Erase.

Drama is such a good album. Not only when compared to what came before (Tormato), but also in its own right.

The guitar solo here is absolutely incredible. Big fan of SW, particularly The Raven and Hand Cannot Erase.
I guess I am one of the few who isn't the biggest fan of his solo work. Drive Home (and mainly the guitar solo) and the title track are great. But in the end the debut is still my favourite.

10 minutes ago I noticed by accident that Spotify finally included prog band U.K.'s best album "Danger Money". I am sure it was not there a few months ago, I could only find some live versions or their first album but not this masterpiece. Listening to at the moment :elephant:

I was listening to Yes (Relayer), then... UK finally included!!!

10 minutes ago I noticed by accident that Spotify finally included prog band U.K.'s best album "Danger Money".
Had the pleasure of seeing UK live at a club in Toronto (late 70s). Virtuosic talent displayed by Bruford thru to Hollingsworth.

Listening to now:

Porcupine Tree (Steve Wilson, Gavin Harrison) just rolled through Toronto on tour featuring their new album CLOSER/CONTINUATION. My favorite track #7 gives me an early Genesis and Gentle Giant vibe:

Cheers, Bill

10 minutes ago I noticed by accident that Spotify finally included prog band U.K.'s best album "Danger Money". I am sure it was not there a few months ago, I could only find some live versions or their first album but not this masterpiece. Listening to at the moment :elephant:

I was listening to Yes (Relayer), then... UK finally included!!!
It has been there for a short while. A great album. Both of them.

Top Bottom