What's new

What are the best sample libraries for Taiko style percussion?

Fitz

Whats the consensus on the best taiko, deep fat percussion libraries? There's so many to choose from that it's hard for me to sort through all the noise to find what people like the most.

I currently use Hans Zimmer Percussion mostly, but I find it lacks in certain rhythmic areas, and really deep in your face sounds.

I'm looking at Metro ark 3, 8DIO Taiko and a few others. What are people using and what's the consensus?

I still really like drums of war 2 from cinesamples but the quality is definitely starting to get dated. I especially like them with a little boost in the highs. In my opinion, lows are great but the attack is the REALLY important part

Evolution Series Taiko is what I’ve been using. I really like them. They are not, in my opinion, hyped like some of the other Taiko libraries I’ve listened to. More natural, which I prefer, mostly.

For a more epic style, I use the Taiko drums in Metopolis Ark 1.

https://evolutionseries.com/?page_id=5799

Evolution Series Taiko is what I’ve been using. I really like them. They are not, in my opinion, hyped like some of the other Taiko libraries I’ve listened to. More natural, which I prefer, mostly.

For a more epic style, I use the Taiko drums in Metopolis Ark 1.

https://evolutionseries.com/?page_id=5799
I use metropolis ark 3. Plenty of taikos ensembles or solo. And many arts. Very good.

1+ for Ark 3, great for in your face sound. Lots of taiko instruments and arts. From OT page: "loudest and beefiest percussion instruments we have ever recorded."

The UVI Orchestra was a flop but there are still one or two little gems lying around in there, in there percussion is a very good Taiko Drum with different sounds from different areas of the drum including the sticks strikes i like it a lot.

Evolution Series Taiko is what I’ve been using. I really like them. They are not, in my opinion, hyped like some of the other Taiko libraries

Picked these up in there sale not to long now very natural sounding love them, Also the VSL percussion has a nice natural sounding Taiko and stick strikes

If you want epic throw an eq and reverb at them and watch them sing

Attachments

• UVI Talko.PNG
    UVI Talko.PNG
    78.6 KB · Views: 10
Metropolis Ark 3.
I also still use the Nine Volt Audio Taikos, which were great too.
Can Nine Volt Audio Taiko 1 library be bought anywhere? I've been combing the internet..can't find nothing :/ It has such a great sound and is rare...but Nine Volt Audio doesn't exist anymore.

Top Bottom