What's new

Western Style Whistle Sound -

Hey Everyone!

I'm looking to create some western style music and I've been searching for that iconic whistle sound.

Examples:

The Good the bad and the ugly: 0:06 -
The Mandalorian: 0:46 -

Does anyone know of any libraries that have anything like this within them or any idea on how to recreate this sound? Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Quite a few options, on top of those mentioned above:

I do love Speghetti Western from Fluffy, for the entire SW vib...

But I agree it's more of an Ocarina, and the best one is Impact Soundworks Ventus...

You get a few sizes (a Costa Rican Pendant Ocarina, a Triple Ocarina and a Chinese Xun) and ornaments, it's awesome...

The whole Ventus line is great, best Ethnic winds out there. They have this 5 instrument bundle, but it's missing the Duduk and American Flutes, which are also great....

They do sales fairly often, so you could always grab the rest then...

Quite a few options, on top of those mentioned above:

Thanks!

I do love Speghetti Western from Fluffy, for the entire SW vib...

But I agree it's more of an Ocarina, and the best one is Impact Soundworks Ventus...

You get a few sizes (a Costa Rican Pendant Ocarina, a Triple Ocarina and a Chinese Xun) and ornaments, it's awesome...

The whole Ventus line is great, best Ethnic winds out there. They have this 5 instrument bundle, but it's missing the Duduk and American Flutes, which are also great....

They do sales fairly often, so you could always grab the rest then...
Thanks a lot!

Spaghetti Western has that exact phrase from The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly under Ocarina phrases. It's a cool library for sure!

Also, while not a deeply sampled library like Spaghetti Western, I think it's also worth checking out Funk/Soul Productions' Grindhouse, which is cheap for what you get (12.4GB!) and currently on sale. It has all sorts of great stuff in it, including spaghetti western stuff, and oozes character. My dream would be for Funk/Soul Productions to put out a deeply sampled library in this genre along the lines of Project Sam's Swing/More.

While you are probably familiar with the amazing soundtrack to Red Dead Redemption 2, check it out if you aren't! The Spaghetti Western library has a lot of sounds that are similar to the stuff in that soundtrack, and the surprise hit for me are the drums, which as discussed on another thread, sound quite close to the ones from this killer track.

By the way for some context on some of the instruments from Red Dead, check this out:

The examples provide by the OP sounds more like an Ocarina to me, not a human whistling.
Didn't even think of that while reading the original post. Been awhile since I've listened to the original. More recently, I watched the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain's version in which the ocarina part is done by whistling.

+one for grindhouse, got a lot of use for it in the Mallorca files ( lots of western influences )
also the whistles in Project sam Swing are cool too ( but its a section)

Top Bottom