What's new

Weird pop-up (?) issue

Kent

sleepy member
As of a few days ago, about 2/3 of the threads I visit show a box with "728" written inside it over the top/middle of wherever I am trying to look. It appears as if it is a drop shadow of an invisible pop-up, if that makes sense.

Clicking and dragging the invisible part inside that shadow shows that it is, indeed, an ad related to this site, and if I drop it into the URL bar it will go to said company.

Why is this happening? How can I stop it?

(I'm using Safari, for what it's worth)

I see this too sometimes. I think it has to do with the browser's add-blocking scheme, where some ads meet the criteria to be blocked, but others don't. I am on FFox, btw.

vi.jpg

Hmmm... ok, so if you have an ad-blocker, this is normal then... but if you can right click that space and select "inspect" or something, it would be good to know which image that was.

Thanks!

Well, this happened to me just now, twice.

I was on a thread when I noticed it (it hadn't been there five minutes ago; I switched out of that tab, and when I came back it was there). I opened another tab to navigate here and report it when I noticed yet another instance on the main list-of-subforums page. So this is the third attempt.

Opening instance #1 led me here.

As I went to open instance #2, on that main page, it was there no longer. So I'm not sure what it was.

I just saw the same page as #1 on the previous post, and then on my own profile page I got one for https://www.audioimperia.com/products/artifacts-fractal (this).

Top Bottom