What's new

We <don't> have thumbs down!

Wanna know the nice thing about me?

(Of course you do, who wouldn’t??)

I post for sport, for helpfulness, to get help, any number of reasons-none of which include a need for affirmation or punishment. I find the whole like/dislike thing puerile.

Then again, I’m well over one hundred years old, not on Facebook, Twitter, 4chan, 8chan, Reddit, no SnapChat, Pinterest, no interest.

Don’t be lazy! Like/dislike me with words, and keep your thumbs up your... er... where you have them now.
Usually my like means I agree with your posting or thanks for the info. Some of these threads get so long, I think adding a bunch of superfluous "I agree" or "thanks" doesn't make sense. I also like that we now have the option to laugh at a comment. There are a lot of funny members here. :)

After my first “like” on the InterWebs was given to the deserving ChileanBot, I’m tempted to like James H’s imitation of me being an annoying troll, but moderation prevailed.

I’m only in it for the fish.

See... my post is the very reason we need the thumbs down. Or the other one I like is the :|

FWIW, the original reason for the Like button was so people could express agreement without having to do those annoying “+1” posts.
Oh, I've never thought about that, that way... so, it could be possible to write:
"-1" ... I have never seen...

I’m from the school of “bad news is better than no news” thinking.
If somebody takes the time to “Dis” you it’s a form of engagement.

A good example is when gangs of boycotters single out enemies it often backfires on them giving the targets more opportunity than previously measured.

Chic-Filet I never heard of until the soft attack squads highlighted them, now you wait in line even in off hours.
It has nothing to do with your beliefs on Gay rights or other positions, it’s the fact that it’s another level of free advertisement.
We now have seen PR Firms developing fake boycott strategies, where they find something to pretend to be offended by so they can stir up chats.

I guess it depends n the level of intelligence you’re dealing with and knowing the needs of targeted groups.

And why can’t I like my posts myself?

I’m offended and call for an international boycott of VI because they’re anti self liking male-a-phobes or something or other.

I've wanted YouTube to get rid of the thumbs down bit completely. What's the point? If you don't like something, move on. Years ago album and CD sales told the story silently, if it stunk it didn't sell (ok, there are exceptions there!). Downvotes always bring a bad atmosphere, no two ways about it. And the bigger issue is, nobody cares what you or I don't like and why we don't like it. Case in point: if I proclaim that I will leave this forum if downvotes show up, will anyone's day be ruined? Nope. Not even for 12ms of latency. Most will say "sayonara dude". Because nobody cares if you don't like something.

Oh boy. I just realized my post is actually a downvote for a downvote. I'm doomed. :roflmao:

Top Bottom