Waverunner Audio - Seven Days // Day 7 - Alder Cello

Discussion in 'COMMERCIAL Announcements' started by Rv5, Oct 16, 2018.

1. OP
    OP
    Rv5

Rv5 Senior Member

Jan 5, 2013
    Thanks to Alexander Sparf for another great demo, here showcasing Solo Voice: Kat

Wally Garten and Sibelius19 like this.
  2. Sibelius19

Sibelius19 Music is just color and rhythm --Debussy

Dec 12, 2015
    Michigan USA
    Really loving the demos. Picked up the Trumpet and Solo Voice.

3. OP
    OP
    Rv5

Rv5 Senior Member

Jan 5, 2013
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Alder Violin
    A solo violin library featuring expressive playing techniques. Performed by American violinist Jenavieve Vaga (after a chance meeting under a giant blue whale).

Articulations: expressive | harmonic brush | harmonic sustains | low tide | trill maj | trill min

- - - - - - -

[​IMG]

AVAILABLE NOW ->

On my first trip to New York, I was invited to a performance at the Museum of Natural History, knowing nothing of the event. It turned out to be a group meditation held underneath a giant blue whale hanging in the 'whale room', quite an impressive setting. Part of the guided meditation included musicians weaving in and out of the audience with subdued and reflective sounds enticing the listener to delve deeper into a meditative state. Having quite the opposite effect, one of the performers caught my ear, the violin performance was incredible. After the show I introduced myself, and it turned out Jenavieve was not just part of the show, she was the music director. She'd recently returned from some London recording sessions and was interested in the 'Seven Days' fundraiser concept for Hometree. So we grabbed some drinks and a burrito and discussed.

In the spirit of the Seven Days libraries, we recorded a select few articulations distilling a particular sound, a particular 'voice'. Ones that offer up something inspiring, musical and unique. The result is the Alder Violin.​

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018 at 2:49 AM
  4. Wally Garten

Wally Garten Senior Member

Apr 23, 2018
    Loving these and will probably end up buying them all. Curious whether I can use the license on two machines? (I downloaded the trumpet to my laptop already but would like to be able to download and install on my desktop, too.)

5. stfciu

stfciu Senior Member

Aug 13, 2017
    It may be silly to praise this over and over but it feels like going back to pure sampling nature on its own. Terrific job.

6. KarlHeinz

KarlHeinz Senior Member

Nov 24, 2017
    Unbelievable beautiful, marvellous, full of personality, and so instantly playable, running out of words for these gems....play it to the trees and they will grow twice as fast as usual :2thumbs:

Wally Garten likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    Rv5

Rv5 Senior Member

Jan 5, 2013
    Thank you Wally. The license covers use on 2 machines. Thank you for checking.

Ah, thank you! Much appreciated and certainly motivating.

And another thank you - really do appreciate the kind feedback.

8. OP
    OP
    Rv5

Rv5 Senior Member

Jan 5, 2013
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

John's Guitar

Welcoming John's Guitar to the Seven Day fundraiser. A warm nylon guitar sampled in the same room as 2 French Horns. Includes 3 microphone positions, finger pluck articulation at 3 dynamics, and an ethereal cinematic patch with short and pad articulation.

- - - - - - -

[​IMG]
    AVAILABLE NOW ->

(PS: Anyone who bought John's Guitar during the Seven Days fundraiser will receive the difference back as it's now on the Seven Days lowered price)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018 at 5:19 AM
  9. michelsimons

michelsimons Senior Member

Jan 24, 2018
    Delft
    Is this one different from the one that was available before or is it the same one?

10. OP
    OP
    Rv5

Rv5 Senior Member

Jan 5, 2013
    This is the same one as available before; the only one out of the six not specifically created for the Seven Days fundraiser. It fits the ethos of the collection really well and offers people a chance to pick it up at the cheapest it'll ever be (and some tree's will be planted)!

There's a small update coming for John's Guitar and that'll include a main patch with the Seven Days interface, but not for a little while.

damstraversaz and michelsimons like this.
  11. michelsimons

michelsimons Senior Member

Jan 24, 2018
    Delft
    Thanks for the quick reply. I already have it, which is why I asked. Looking forward to the last little gem in this series.

12. Land of Missing Parts

Land of Missing Parts Flibbertyjibbit

Jan 27, 2013
    NYC
    Can't wait for the cello. I love the leaf drawings.

13. Eptesicus

Eptesicus Senior Member

Jan 8, 2017
    UK
    Great stuff these. Think i might go for the cello, guitar and trumpet before the promos end.

14. OP
    OP
    Rv5

Rv5 Senior Member

Jan 5, 2013
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Alder Cello
    Performed by friend and cellist Lidia Alonso and recorded by Adaq Khan in Soho, London. Focusing on the delicate, the soft and the evocative. Inspired in part by the ocean and its many moods (bristeacha, low tide, swells, seagulls), the surfer community that support the Hometree project, and their nomadic and humble lifestyle. The Alder Cello contains some unique and inspiring articulations which coupled with the stacked reverb and delay options in the 'Seven Says GUI' allows for further exploration of ethereal and experimental cello textures.

Articulations: sustains | harmonic sustains | delicate tremolo | low tide | bristeacha | Swell NV | Swell Vib | Seagulls

- - - - - - -

[​IMG]
    AVAILABLE NOW ->

15. Eptesicus

Eptesicus Senior Member

Jan 8, 2017
    UK
    I was under the impression the cello would have legato (dont know where i got that from though). That is a shame. Can't complain for £10 though :P. Sounds lovely.

Was there not a discussion in another thread where you guys were doing a legato cello?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018 at 10:17 AM
    Land of Missing Parts likes this.
  16. Niah2

Niah2 Senior Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Really interesting violin and cello textures, also the solo voice is very nice as well.

17. mouse

mouse Senior Member

Oct 20, 2016
    Violin and cello are a bit Olafur Arnalds-y. Really nice velvety textures

Niah2 and LamaRose like this.
  18. LamaRose

LamaRose Gato Mighty!

Oct 26, 2015
    Love these delicate strings... maybe Waverunner will consider expanding upon these to fill a much needed hole.

19. Land of Missing Parts

Land of Missing Parts Flibbertyjibbit

Jan 27, 2013
    NYC
    Cello legato actually was mentioned in this thread, along with detache, portamento, gliss, and rebowing. All this suggests that there really might be more to come for The Alder Cello. Didn't legato eventually come for Two French Horns as an upgrade/update?

LamaRose likes this.
  20. Guffy

Guffy Member Of The Year

Sep 13, 2013
    Norway
    Wow, this cello is really lovely.
    So much character. Very inspiring to use.
    Love all the other libraries as well. Thanks :)