What's new

Watched thread notifications being caught by Google mail spam filter.

TekNoir

I attempted searching for this prior to making this post. Thank you in advance for your time.

Beginning approximately two weeks ago, all of my watched thread notifications are being caught by the default Google mail spam filter and being sent to the spam folder. I have posted an image of the listed reason for the current negative score with the filter.

Attachments

• VI-Control_Spam_GMail.PNG
    VI-Control_Spam_GMail.PNG
    14.7 KB · Views: 8
I attempted searching for this prior to making this post. Thank you in advance for your time.

Beginning approximately two weeks ago, all of my watched thread notifications are being caught by the default Google mail spam filter and being sent to the spam folder. I have posted an image of the listed reason for the current negative score with the filter.

Yeah, me too. I'm looking into it. For now, check your SPAM folder regularly. That's what I do. I've contacted the hosting to have them look at the mailing process. Since it's not the Newsletters (using Mailchimp) it may take a bit longer to track down the issue. But I'll let you know as soon as I got something.

Cheers,

Andre

fwiw watched thread notification emails have also been going to Yahoo mail spam folder recently.

Would it be possible to check the SPF policy or DKIM signature of the proxy domain (todo10.com)? It seems like it would be the most likely culprit given the message.

Edit: Out of curiosity, I checked and the newsletters (mcdlv.net) authenticate correctly, but it is missing from the forum notices (todo10.com).

Here I go as well… Luckily I don't get much actual spam on my Gmail adress so I won't really have any difficulty to find my VI-C notifications, but that's still kind of frustrating. I hope this gets fixed

A technical note: It's nearly impossible not to get flagged as spam when VIC sends out large amounts of similar messages (e.g. the notifications). One of the best ways ways to address is to register with emailreg.org to establish that this is typical. Costs $20/year and gets you off several of the lists. I do it for large domain I run. It's parts of Barracuda's network, but seems to picked up by some of the bigger spam lists.

A technical note: It's nearly impossible not to get flagged as spam when VIC sends out large amounts of similar messages (e.g. the notifications). One of the best ways ways to address is to register with emailreg.org to establish that this is typical. Costs $20/year and gets you off several of the lists. I do it for large domain I run. It's parts of Barracuda's network, but seems to picked up by some of the bigger spam lists.

You could be right, Allan, and thanks for the tip! ! We have signed up with Mailgun for now, and it seems to have stopped most of these.

The issues seemed to be associated with specific domains, possibly sharing the stage with blacklisted accounts. We keep an eye on it.

Top Bottom