1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warning, stay away from Waves

Discussion in 'Mixing, Post-Production, and Effects' started by synthetic, May 6, 2018.

1. String-for-sale

String-for-sale To the highest bidder

Oct 18, 2017
    Waves Central is sometimes a mess for me, and sometimes works flawlessly. Other than that, the only WUP I had to pay over the years was 14$ to get the upgrade to Waves Elements V2. Everything else is working with current version.

2. I have not fallen into the WUP lane once yet, though there are some things that come with the Gold bundle now that I do not have

But I purchased Codex on the current offer, and Waves got me last week with BSS DPR-402 as well..
    They get me a lot ugh o_O

3. chrisphan

chrisphan Senior Member

Nov 30, 2016
    That must be something on their side then. Did you create an offline installer the way the link says? I tried it but still got an error

4. rrichard63

rrichard63 Perpetual Novice

Nov 17, 2013
    San Francisco Bay Area
    In that situation, you might have to uninstall all of your Waves plugins and reinstall from scratch. Waves support staff once sent me detailed instructions on this -- it turns out that uninstalling in either Waves Central or Windows Control Panel can leave things behind that get in the way of a successful reinstallation. Anyone who decides to follow this path can PM me and I'll find the instructions. If I recall, they are Windows-specific.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  5. chrisphan

chrisphan Senior Member

Nov 30, 2016
    I can install my products now! That's probably a temporary system down time

6. String-for-sale

String-for-sale To the highest bidder

Oct 18, 2017
    I think most people are not aware that when you pay WUP, Waves send you a voucher for the same amount that can be used on another purchase. So, the only 14$ I ever paid for WUP allowed me to upgrade to Elements 2 and to get a discount on another product. Not so bad.

7. Yes I was not aware of this, makes me want to WUP every year now ;)

Weird as that may sound :roflmao:

8. germancomponist

germancomponist Senior Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Germany
    Waves know very well that a lot of people use cracked plugins from their company. I bet that's why. Very clever, what they are doing!

Shad0wLandsUK likes this.
  9. Yes I shall confess that at some point in the past I was one of those people.
    Little did I know I could get so many industry standard plug-ins for such a good value ALL the time ;)