What's new

WANTED - Sample Editor for 2 Established Developers

Red Room Audio

Impact Soundworks and its sister company, Red Room Audio, are seeking an experienced freelance sample editor for lots of upcoming projects. Duties include:
  • Editing (cutting) individual files from raw multitrack recordings, basic mixdowns and normalization
  • Denoising files in bulk (e.g. multitracks w/ plugins) or individual spot work (spectral editing and repair)
  • Batch renaming/resaving files based on our specs
  • Kontakt mapping (not a must but a huge plus)
Must have your own editing software (e.g., Wavelab, Soundforge, iZotope RX or similar for denoising and repair) and a strong, reliable internet connection. Work-from-home opportunity. Please PM with short bio and industry/applicable experience. Thanks!

axb312

Kinda related question - How long does sample editing for a lib that'll eventually end up around 100 GB or so (post compression) take?

wst3

Lunatic - it's really that simple
That is a $1M question! For the most part it depends on how well the source material lends itself to batch processing, and how capable your software is, and how well you know it. A lot depends on the what was sampled and how it was sampled. I suspect you can assume that anything coming from ISW or Red Room is going to be suitable for batch processing.

However, when you are finished with the batch process you will still need to listen to every single sample, and that can be tedious. It is unlikely that you can listen to 1000 samples without giving your ears several breaks.

If there is a rule of thumb I haven't found it yet, so I apply my old rule of thumb for restoring/recovering old recordings, which is four to five times real time. So far that has come up short, but how short has varied<G>! Still, it is a starting point.

Andrew Aversa

Lead Developer
Kinda related question - How long does sample editing for a lib that'll eventually end up around 100 GB or so (post compression) take?

Depends on the sample count and the type of content. Some kinds of samples, like percussion, can be effectively batch edited very easily. And if most of that file size comes from using 12 different mic positions at 24/96, then the total sample count is probably low.

On the other hand, anything with legatos or strict time-sensitive grid stuff is way, way more time consuming by an order of magnitude. If the library has a ton of different articulations, and particularly if there are important attack elements (pick sounds, breaths, bows), you simply have to do a lot of manual work.

Truthtrader

Impact Soundworks and its sister company, Red Room Audio, are seeking an experienced freelance sample editor for lots of upcoming projects. Duties include:
  • Editing (cutting) individual files from raw multitrack recordings, basic mixdowns and normalization
  • Denoising files in bulk (e.g. multitracks w/ plugins) or individual spot work (spectral editing and repair)
  • Batch renaming/resaving files based on our specs
  • Kontakt mapping (not a must but a huge plus)
Must have your own editing software (e.g., Wavelab, Soundforge, iZotope RX or similar for denoising and repair) and a strong, reliable internet connection. Work-from-home opportunity. Please PM with short bio and industry/applicable experience. Thanks!

i have the relevant software and expertise, berklee college grad mixing and mastering engineer, can I have a direct contact to discuss further

Top Bottom