What's new

'Wanderland' by Will Bedford

Wow, you got chops! I really like the composition and the performances!

My only comment (really, just one) would be that the reverb was a little overpowering - oddly it worked on my laptop speakers, but on the studio monitors I felt like I was missing some detail. That may have been intentional, and there are no rules, so it is just an observation.

I thought the strings and choir fit really nicely - and they did surprise me when they came in, in a nice way.

Always enjoy your musical posts! Thanks for sharing!!!

Mesmerizing sound damn! The harmony and colours are perfect.

My only criticism is about the part where the horn kicks in and the intensity rises. I did enjoy the energy and the idea itself but I feel there is something off about how the sound sits. It could also very well be that it's a short track and I wasn't into it long enough for that to have a place.

Other than that beautiful, and mysterious in a way.

Yes, the chords are a bit 'walking in the air' - but that is no bad thing in my book. If I had only one comment it's that the part at the end feels a little too strong/loud. That said, the orchestration is amazing and the melody sublime - well done! Thanks for sharing this Will, feeling in the Christmas spirit now...

Great piece. I love the ostinato at the beginning and how you used the choir. I also agree with the strong/loud part. And - for my personal taste - too many piano sixths... but that's very subjective :)

Very magical. And great atmosphere in the outro.

Excellent, only issue I see is when brass kicks in, sounds thin and it doesnt have enough of power. Its either bad mix at that point or it lacks some low chord/bass/layer part. Overall, very impressive work, such talent...

Damn, was not expecting that punchy brass, awesome!

Great track! I'm gonna assume you used Woodchester piano, what about the brass?

Last edited:
Thank you all for your kind and constructive comments! I've been AFK over Christmas, but I'm back in the studio now so I can finally respond.

what about the bread?
What bread would that be? My personal choice is Warburton's Seeded Batch, but I'm not picky.

Beautiful writing! Love when the brass enters. Which brass library(s) did you use here?
I actually used a lot of Jasper Blunk's "Angry Brass". I've modified the patches to make them behave a little better (smoothed out the dynamics & tweaked the release crossfades) but overall it's a fantastic library for the price (free). I also layered it with Cinebrass, and used Metropolis Ark for the big crescendos.

Cheers!

Thank you all for your kind and constructive comments! I've been AFK over Christmas, but I'm back in the studio now so I can finally respond.

What bread would that be? My personal choice is Warburton's Seeded Batch, but I'm not picky.

I actually used a lot of Jasper Blunk's "Angry Brass". I've modified the patches to make them behave a little better (smoothed out the dynamics & tweaked the release crossfades) but overall it's a fantastic library for the price (free). I also layered it with Cinebrass, and used Metropolis Ark for the big crescendos.

Cheers!
Sorry, meant Brass!

This piece is very high quality. When it gets thunderous, it is a controlled thunderous. Not overbearing. When it is quiet and sparkly, it shimmers without moving in with the icepicks. Very well mixed, and I thought the reverb appropriate all the way through.

cheers,
-Tom

Cheers!

I've recently discovered Angry Brass myself. Very useful patches indeed!

Top Bottom