What's new

Waltz for String Orchestra

kjelleman

Good Evening,
old fashioned wiener waltz was my ambition for this piece produced by Finale and GPO using strings only. The title ´joyful´may come as a surprise but dancing is usually a joy. Hope to get some criticism and comment for this tune.
Greetings

Good Evening,
old fashioned wiener waltz was my ambition for this piece produced by Finale and GPO using strings only. The title ´joyful´may come as a surprise but dancing is usually a joy. Hope to get some criticism and comment for this tune.
Greetings

Nice to hear a waltz in these parts! Offbeats in accompaniment especially sound a bit programmed. This is true of the other lines at times as well. Also the distribution of the string parts doesn't sound to me like a Vienese waltz and the whole thing is often quite muddy. Have you consulted the Strauss waltzes to see how he scores the strings?

Nice to hear a waltz in these parts! Offbeats in accompaniment especially sound a bit programmed. This is true of the other lines at times as well. Also the distribution of the string parts doesn't sound to me like a Vienese waltz and the whole thing is often quite muddy. Have you consulted the Strauss waltzes to see how he scores the strings?
Thanks for your feedback. You gave me a few things to think about.

Top Bottom