What's new

Only 3 Days Left! - VSTBuzz: 60% off “Hollywood Orchestra (Gold Edition)” by EastWest/Quantum Leap - Normally €594 Now Only €237!

VSTBuzz

Deal: 60% off “Hollywood Orchestra (Gold Edition)” by EastWest/Quantum Leap

Value: €594
Discount: 60%
Price: €237

Grab the deal now on www.vstbuzz.com/deals/60-off-hollywood-orchestra-gold-eastwest-sounds!

“HOLLYWOOD ORCHESTRA (GOLD EDITION)” is the combination of Hollywood Strings, Hollywood Brass, Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds and Hollywood Orchestral Percussion; collectively the most detailed and comprehensive orchestral virtual instrument collection available.

Produced by DOUG ROGERS, NICK PHOENIX, and THOMAS BERGERSEN and Sound Engineered by SHAWN MURPHY (ACADEMY AWARD, C.A.S. (Cinema Audio Society), BAFTA, and EMMY award-winning sound engineer) this is the culmination of over seven years of recording, editing, and programming and is a must have compositional tool for serious composers!

Now you can complete the collection with EastWest/Quantum Leap "HOLLYWOOD SOLO INSTRUMENTS (GOLD EDITION)" HERE!

Grab the deal now on www.vstbuzz.com/deals/60-off-hollywood-orchestra-gold-eastwest-sounds!

yep, it was 219 some months ago

... and i decided not to buy it! :-/

Another point in favor of the “gold” edition (depending on your storage capacity) is that it’s only 100 gigabytes, where moving up to “platinum” jumps to 680 gigabytes!

LOL - you know it's a "no brainer" at $268.81 when the company that makes the product puts it on sale for $332 ...

Not so long ago I got Strings Gold, brass and WW silver for £200 when 70% sale was on. For all four Gold, this is a very good deal.

I keep coming close to buying it, but as a novice (orchestral) hobbyist, I'm worried about ease of use killing my joy. I do think HWOG would be pretty easy to slot into hybrid type music, though, which is more likely for me than actual orchestral. But I'd be open to trying to start learning orchestral, if the tool is usable. I have Hollywood Brass Silver and while it sounds good, I DO have concerns about Play. But I haven't attempted to master it yet.

For example, Sonuscore The Orchestra (basic) is about $30 more. Clearly wouldn't sound as good overall on a per instrument/section/etc. basis, but if I could be more productive more quickly.... Also, Audio Imperia Nucleus is pre-order for $350, but that's pretty expensive right now for me. $300 would be pushing it, as it is.

I keep coming close to buying it, but as a novice (orchestral) hobbyist, I'm worried about ease of use killing my joy. I do think HWOG would be pretty easy to slot into hybrid type music, though, which is more likely for me than actual orchestral. But I'd be open to trying to start learning orchestral, if the tool is usable. I have Hollywood Brass Silver and while it sounds good, I DO have concerns about Play. But I haven't attempted to master it yet.

For example, Sonuscore The Orchestra (basic) is about $30 more. Clearly wouldn't sound as good overall on a per instrument/section/etc. basis, but if I could be more productive more quickly.... Also, Audio Imperia Nucleus is pre-order for $350, but that's pretty expensive right now for me. $300 would be pushing it, as it is.

I also keep coming close to buying in, but last moment I do not take that decision! These EW sales all the time drive me crazy! No one can beat their price range!

A product similar to The Orchestra (but without the rhythmic sessions), and inside your budget, could be that one:

No solo instruments here, not many articulations, only the basics, but modern interface, balanced sound, easy to use out of the box, because it contains pre-arranged full orchestral patches! It's not Play neither Kontakt, it runs through the Steinberg’s free HALion Sonic SE 3 Player. You can check the demos to see if you like the interface and the sound!

If I had to decide between Iconica, The Orchestra or EWHO again today, I would immediately choose EWHO again.
It takes more time to learn, but what you get here for the price is unbeatable.

If you can afford both, EWHO and The Orchestra.

If I had to decide between Iconica, The Orchestra or EWHO again today, I would immediately choose EWHO again.
It takes more time to learn, but what you get here for the price is unbeatable.

If you can afford both, EWHO and The Orchestra.

100% agreed! EWHO offers incredible quantity and quality at a crazy price! Of course in order to compare it with Steinberg, we should compare it with Iconica Sections and Players, NOT Iconica Ensembles! I have watched all the demos and walkthroughs, and it seems to be a really polished and balanced product! And the woodwinds of Iconica Secetions and Players sound very nice (Orchestral Tools is behind the recordings). At the same time, Woodwinds seem to be the weakest part of EWHO...

BUT Iconica Sections and Players costs 800 (a little less when on sale), so still EWHO is unbeatable in its price range!

Just a gentle reminder that there are only three days left on our spectacular 60% off “Hollywood Orchestra (Gold Edition)” by EastWest/Quantum Leap deal - Normally €594 Now Only €237!

I will share something with all of you. For years I ran a Hollywood Orchet\strea Diamond (along the Hollywood Choirs, Harp, solo violin, and solo cello) on a slave PC. I recently fuinally admitted to myself that since nobody is hiring me to compose big orchestral stuff and since I no longer work for EW, it was sitting there unused and that was unlikely to change. So I sold the PC.

Now I was left with my 2013 iMac, and 32 GB is its max, which could not run that template. So I cut it down considerably, and it still could not run it.

Since I have the Composer Cloud, I downloaded Gold, which is 16 bit samples instead of 24 bit. I cannot hear the difference and I can run the template. In all of the libraries, thee default was p\my favorite anyway except the woodwinds where I slightly prefer the close to the default mid mic.

So if you have a robust rig, sure go Diamond, but Gold is just fine and at that price, a very good value indeed.

I'm on the fence on this because every video demo/audio demo i'm seeing seems to be for the Diamond versions of these libraries.

I haven't invested in any modern orchestral libraries, but I'm all too familiar with EWQLSO and just how much of a difference the three mic sample sets make on the overall sound of the patches. Can anyone confirm if the mid-tree mic available in Gold is dry/neutral enough that it isn't too restrictive in the way of manipulating?

I'm on the fence on this because every video demo/audio demo i'm seeing seems to be for the Diamond versions of these libraries.

I haven't invested in any modern orchestral libraries, but I'm all too familiar with EWQLSO and just how much of a difference the three mic sample sets make on the overall sound of the patches. Can anyone confirm if the mid-tree mic available in Gold is dry/neutral enough that it isn't too restrictive in the way of manipulating?
I would also like to know that! That's a great question!

I will share something with all of you. For years I ran a Hollywood Orchet\strea Diamond (along the Hollywood Choirs, Harp, solo violin, and solo cello) on a slave PC. I recently fuinally admitted to myself that since nobody is hiring me to compose big orchestral stuff and since I no longer work for EW, it was sitting there unused and that was unlikely to change. So I sold the PC.

Now I was left with my 2013 iMac, and 32 GB is its max, which could not run that template. So I cut it down considerably, and it still could not run it.

Since I have the Composer Cloud, I downloaded Gold, which is 16 bit samples instead of 24 bit. I cannot hear the difference and I can run the template. In all of the libraries, thee default was p\my favorite anyway except the woodwinds where I slightly prefer the close to the default mid mic.

So if you have a robust rig, sure go Diamond, but Gold is just fine and at that price, a very good value indeed.
So do you think that the Gold Edition will treat my system kindly with respect? My PC is a 7th generation i5 (quad core), 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD.

Top Bottom