What's new

VSL Up to 50% Off Winds Sale

This is kind of funny; I checked my account thinking the complete package included the Synchron-ized version, then had to select one item at a time at each level of the hierarchy to figure out why (after noticing Synchron-ized was not included) I had an upgrade price available, only to find out that I apparently don't own Bassoon 2 and Trumpet Bb Muted.

I'll have to check when I get home to make sure it isn't an account error, but will add/register them otherwise. And this feeds into a suggestion that the product pages show us what we're missing, once we're logged in, if this isn't too hard to accomplish at your end. It can be a bit tricky with all of the product tiering and bundling.

Last edited:
And this feeds into a suggestion that the product pages show us what we're missing, once we're logged in
Hi Mark, thanks for the suggestion! As you already noticed it is difficult to find a good working solution with that many products. But we are on it and we already have some ideas that we start working on soon :)

VSL woodwinds are - for me - the most beautifully recorded woodwinds I have ever experienced! They sound amazing!

What is the difference (if any) between "Synchronized Woodwinds" and the Woodwinds included in the "Synchronized Special Edition"?

The SYNCHRON-ized Special Editions are based on the original Special Editions samples.

For the SYNCHRON-ized Woodwinds we have re-edited and mastered the original recordings.
Many years of knowledge, technological progress and the advanced algorithms of the Synchron Player take these instruments to the next level.

The SYNCHRON-ized Special Editions are based on the original Special Editions samples.

For the SYNCHRON-ized Woodwinds we have re-edited and mastered the original recordings.
Many years of knowledge, technological progress and the advanced algorithms of the Synchron Player take these instruments to the next level.
I understand all these things you mentioned. I know that you re-edited and improved the original dry samples and virtually put them in the amazing Vienna Synchron Stage, that's why I pulled the trigger for VSL Synchronized Special Editions (Vol. 1 & 2), and this is BY FAR my best purchase ever!

I am just trying to understand what is the main difference between the woodwinds included in the following bundle

and the ones included in the following bundle

Hmm, I do have Trumpet Bb Muted and Bassoon 2, so I wonder why they aren't marked as such in my account? A mystery for another day; too much on my plate.

I'll take a look at the Synchron-ized Woodwinds during this sale. I use the VSL Woodwinds more than anything else.

I'm buying the Synchron-ized Woodwinds upgrade tonight, having listened to the demos and read what was done with the original samples to get the articulations to be more in line with each other level-wise. I'm finding the Synchron Stage works really well with the Woodwinds. The upgrade is quite cheap.

There's a slight concern about the articulation set as I have the Extended Edition of everything and this by no means matches that, leaving out the crescendos and other dynamics (which I use a LOT). Still, there are projects where I don't make use of anything beyond basic articulations, so this will speed up production on those, and those are also projects where I'm already using mostly Synchron stuff for percussion, pianos, etc.

The Dimension Brass upgrade is quite expensive, and I'm so far still only just barely starting to use the original -- mostly for Horn Ensembles -- so I will probably skip that one for now, until I am more clear on how important Dimension Brass is going to be in my final orchestrations.

Top Bottom