What's new

VSL Synchron Strings Pro

Ben

VSL

Hi everyone!

I'm excited to announce the next generation of sampled string ensembles: Synchron Strings Pro!
  • Many newly recorded articulations, including different kinds of shorts, detachés with flexible release samples - perfectly matching your performance!
  • Longs and legatos with an incredible variety in musical expression plus vibrato control with optional release and attack sounds.
  • Portamento! :dancer:
  • Different dynamics, tremolo, trills, pizzicato, harmonics, and even a great selection of ponticello articulations!
Detailed samples, authentic note transitions from real-life performances, variations and flexibility - these strings will perform almost everything that you throw at them :)
(Hint: If you like the sound of the BBO: Lyra and Musca, you will love the sound of these as well.)

As always, Synchron Strings Pro was recorded with many mic positions and comes with great mixer presets, to give you full flexibility with your string sound.

Check out the demos here! (Walkthroughs coming soon!)

Standard Library: 295 € (reg: 445€)
Full Library: 520 € (reg: 740€)

And if you own the Synchron Strings I you will get these for just 145 € / 250 €.

All the best from Austria,
Ben

(On a personal note: I'm currently on vacation and therefore I'm not able to answer your questions as quick as usual. I'll try to check this thread at least once a day, but if you need a quick answer feel free to contact my colleagues at [email protected] or visit our forum (you can create an account for free).
Now, back to climbing the alps! :))

Last edited:
@Ben is this a replacement for synchron Strings I or an add on. The reason I ask is that synchron Strings I has more sampled content and still costs more than this does

I absolutely applaud this release! Still, it also raises some questions in relation to Synchron Strings I. I like most of the demos and the inclusion of portamento (although it is overused in the first demo). The new short notes are just what I had hoped for! I hope they were recorded with enough detail (dynamic layers).

File size on Pro is half while there are a lot more articulation. That probably means a cutting down on velocity layers and maybe only whole tone sampling? I would like to be able to exactly compare the two regarding those specs. Synchron Strings I is very accurate regarding those specs on the website. SS Pro is missing those specs as far as I can see.

And for all the articulations that are available in both versions, it would be great to know, if some of them have been re-recorded.

Also, since both libraries are rather large, will you be able to delete unwanted articulations in was you own both? E.g., I might not need a limited staccato patch from Pro, which is the same sample but more velocity layers on SS I

I think the naming of those two libraries is a little odd ... IMO it would have been better to consider a SS I light version (with less dynamic layers and lower price) and add a SS II with those new articulations without content from SS I. Now, it is a little complicated to understand, what you get with Pro, when you already have SS I. And the "pro" label looks a little bit overused in 2020, anyway, doesn't it? ;)
But I suppose, the 8 dynamic layers have been considered a mistake and all further volumes will take the detail down a notch ... I actually hope not, as those 8 velocity layers (or at least somewhere around 6) are worth it IMO! There were other reasons for SS I not quite succeeding.

Anyway, congrats on this release and thanks for the reasonable upgrade offer!

Wow. They absolutely listened. A lot of the criticisms of the first library were directly addressed here, in addition to many other improvements.

@Ben How does it work when you have both libraries installed? Do we still need to keep the patches of the original SyS I? If so, are there presets that include patches of both libraries?
Perhaps a list of re-used patches could be provided so that we don't need to have the same stuff twice in our templates?

Wow. They absolutely listened. A lot of the criticisms of the first library were directly addressed here, in addition to many other improvements.

@Ben How does it work when you have both libraries installed? Do we still need to keep the patches of the original SyS I? If so, are there presets that include patches of both libraries?
Perhaps a list of re-used patches could be provided so that we don't need to have the same stuff twice in our templates?
Ben’s climbing mountains; he’s on holiday ;)

Even though I've sold my copy of SS1 this looks and sounds very, very good. Clean, spacious, detailed, a lot of articulation (real ones I hope!). Looks like all I expected SS1 to be. Damn. What now? :D

Listened to all the demos, sounds stellar. And for less than CSS !! There must be less dynamic layers here, but I'm sure they did their homework on what was needed. The release-sample technology is again awesome with so much musicality, and the varied attacks is great also.

Anyway, I'm back into VSL string-wise, and it feels good !! :grin:

Alas, with all the BBO stuff being released every month, the wallet can't keep up. Those generous introductory prices will be lost forever.

What exactly is the crossgrade price?

I own Synchron Strings I full, my price for the Pro version is 270 Euro. However, I saw this quote at the bottom of the product page:
Special Crossgrade Price for registered users of Synchron Strings I*:Std. €145 / Full €250

Is this a standalone product? Or an extension of the base Synchron Strings library?

And as a newbie to the platform, what are the mic choices for the standard version?
The sample content tab doesn't show that information, neither do the first couple of videos.

Is this a standalone product? Or an extension of the base Synchron Strings library?

And as a newbie to the platform, what are the mic choices for the standard version?
The sample content tab doesn't show that information, neither do the first couple of videos.
It is a standalone product - yes.

Is it just me or do these genuinely sound better than just about any other VSL strings? They still sound more orchestral and less cinematic than other devs, in classic VSL fashion, but they sound very expressive and the molto vibrato samples sound tasteful in an expressive performance while still perfectly capable in a more schmaltzy arrangement. Flautando and sul pont legatos are tempting too and they're so often overlooked

Top Bottom