What's new

VSL Synchron Strings I Announced (Nov. Release)

There's a couple of very interesting new features mentioned on the product page. A new sample player, improved playability with "minimal need to switch articulations".

And it looks like fast legato has 6 RR - I'm hoping this will allow to write realistic, flowing repeating legato ostinato lines. Various string libraries have tried with different degrees of success, but no-one has really nailed it so far in my opinion...

Last frame of the demo video says that Sychron Strings I is Violins and Cellos?! So this is the first half of Synchron Strings?

Yes, their new Synchron Player should be very interesting. No details about it, and no GUI posted yet, I'm guessing they will post more info. as we get closer to the release date, and hopefully some audio demos. I also wonder how large are the Standard, and Full versions of the Sychron Strings I. Don't see that info. yet.

Last frame of the demo video says that Sychron Strings I is Violins and Cellos?! So this is the first half of Synchron Strings?

Product description says "1st Violins, 2nd Violins, Violas, Cellos, Basses, recorded at their designated places on stage". So I am guessing this current demo is just an early preview and full section demos are coming later.

I guess that means the demo was produced using Synchron Violins, Cellos, and Perc. I

Hopefully all the Strings Sections will be completed next month for release of Synchron Strings I

Product description says "1st Violins, 2nd Violins, Violas, Cellos, Basses, recorded at their designated places on stage". So I am guessing this current demo is just an early preview and full section demos are coming later.
Look carefully at that last frame:
“Synchron Strings I (Violins and Cellos)”
I hope I’m mistaken.

Look carefully at that last frame:
“Synchron Strings I (Violins and Cellos)”
I hope I’m mistaken.

It says 'Played by' which means the demo used only Violins and Cellos plus Perc. I , all form their new Synchron line, this does not mean that Synchron Strings I = Violin and Cellos, but rather as the product description indicated, it contains the entire strings family.

Maybe they will have the Violas, and Basses ready later this month, or in Nov. , that's why they are not releasing it in October.

Hey don't get me wrong - VSL really started it all years ago with their first string library and my hopes that this pans out. But I am cautiously optimistic. Often I don't use VSL NOW because I don't have 'enough time' on projects. Hopeful that the new player is more 'player' centric. (Less puzzle piecing a track/cue together - a real creative black hole.) Also there has to be a better way to seamlessly have vibrato introduce and controlled. Recent live string session REMINDED me of this fact. Vibrato is rarely stagnate (a tell-tale sign of a 'mock-up' to me.)

It would also be interesting to see how the new Sychron Player works with VSL Synchron Perc. I

Just noticed this on their site ("very soon" -- could be months if not longer). To me that would be KEY. I guess I'll no EARLY BIRD. :)

Very soon, Synchron Strings I will be powered by the all-new Vienna Synchron Player

I'm hoping that the Synchron Player will be out at the same time Sych. Strings I are out.

I'm hoping that the Synchron Player will be out at the same time Sych. Strings I are out.
+1.. any chance of having it NKS you think?
By the way I am bringing my VSL Strings libraries to -40% off if someone is interested. Need to save for this one ;)

I wonder why non-vib and vib variations for legato are not listed, or portamento - also noticed that col legno was not listed either, which is disappointing, I like my col legnos. Curious if the Synchron Player will work as such that non-vib and vib versions of performance legatos are not needed.

EDIT:
The page mentions "scalable vibrato intensities" so I guess that is the case.

So far sounds good for the tremelos, sustains and shorts. Not sure on the legato. The setup size seems to be like Berlin String's ?

Top Bottom