1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VSL Synchron Strings I Announced (Nov. Release)

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by muziksculp, Oct 11, 2017.

1. jamwerks

jamwerks Senior Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Is that for the full version with the Atmos mic's?

2. omiroad

omiroad Senior Member

Oct 17, 2016
    The sound is nice, but it doesn't sound like a convincing performance.

I think I'll pass this one.

3. ColonelMarquand

ColonelMarquand Senior Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Nice track there Guy. Benny would be pleased.

The strings are very classical sounding to me.

4. holywilly

holywilly Senior Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Taipei, Taiwan
    I'd wait for the video walkthrough before I make my purchasing decision. Really looking forward to see the full potential of this library and the new Synchron player.

Rob Elliott likes this.
  5. Christof

Christof Senior Member

Jul 23, 2011
    Vienna
    Exactly, I didn't have access to the Synchron Player, but probably soon.

6. Vik

Vik Senior Member

Dec 15, 2013
    Has anything been posted anywhere about the differences between the Synchron player and the old player?

7. Christof

Christof Senior Member

Jul 23, 2011
    Vienna
    Not yet I guess because they are working on the Synchron Player, it will be powerful tool.

8. novaburst

novaburst Senior Member

Dec 21, 2015
    Is there not a set up one can do to get the legato sounding correct, also is it not down to the composer to convince you, it is a new library, and I think its going to get some getting ones self familiar with.

Its almost like every note you expect to be a legato, so are you all legato freaks:shocked:

9. Jimmy Hellfire

Jimmy Hellfire Senior Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Austria
    Surprisingly, the detache doesn't sound like legato. What is this madness? :grin:

ZeeCount, NoamL, Casiquire and 2 others like this.
  10. novaburst

novaburst Senior Member

Dec 21, 2015
    Anyway legatos aside, sorry if I missed it but @Christof and @Guy Bacos really nice demos, could you give us the size of the library,

Is it over 500gig

11. Critz

Critz Senior Member

May 7, 2017
    eheh, it's not like that. The fact is that for me (and for others too) the legato in the latest Dimension series was crazy good for very fast writing, but it was often impossible to achieve a simple melody line where you don't hear a gap or a small accent during the notes change.
    I'm looking for the very basic legato, the only legato that oldest libraries could achieve. I want the possibility to choose a smooth legato where I just hear the new note as a natural continuation of the previous one (when is it possibile of course). In dimension the "excuse" was the small size (even if I don't agree, because that kind of legato is something that can be achieved by a single player..). What now?

Rob Elliott likes this.
  12. C-Wave

C-Wave Senior Member

Feb 27, 2016
    @Christof and @Guy Bacos, no one wants to answer my two posts about extra mics? ah well. Probably not at liberty to answer

13. novaburst

novaburst Senior Member

Dec 21, 2015
    I hope this library does it for you, or I guess the search continues

14. Christof

Christof Senior Member

Jul 23, 2011
    Vienna
    Sorry maybe I missed your question, can you ask again please?

15. Christof

Christof Senior Member

Jul 23, 2011
    Vienna
    Around 500gig, yes, but make sure to use a SSD

16. Jimmy Hellfire

Jun 28, 2015
    Austria
    I remember Paul stating on the VSL forums that the library is going to be around 200/500 gig (standard/full).

Inceptic likes this.
  17. Critz

Critz Senior Member

May 7, 2017
    listen at 2:13 of Guy Bacos' demo. Now, that could be intentional, but if Synchron goes on with the same trend of Dimensions, these "bumbs" during notes changes are unavoidable. With a real violins section you could have a totally smooth melody in crescendo. And if it's intentional, I mean to have a sort of marcato on every note, this is far from a realistic result, imo.
    But if you like it, it could be just a matter of taste. Fact remains that less and less people are interested in VSL libraries since years, especially for strings, and everybody loves the legato of CSS, @Christof included it seems :)

18. Jimmy Hellfire

Jun 28, 2015
    Austria
    If ALL transitions in the demo sounded like that, you would have had a point. The one you mentioned sounded 100% intentional to me. /shrug

19. maestro2be

maestro2be Senior Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Can you put a link here to a simple performance of a legato that pleases you and that you consider does exactly what you're saying VSL Dimensions can't, and Synchron possibly doesn't do?

20. Guy Bacos

Guy Bacos Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    There were a few passages where if I had more time I would of phrased better, this was one of them, however, it's just a little less musical than it can be, on the leap I think more portamento would be better for example, but there's also no end. :)