1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VSL Synchron Strings I Announced (Nov. Release)

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by muziksculp, Oct 11, 2017.

1. synergy543

synergy543 Senior Member

Dec 11, 2004
    The Internets
    That's not the case here. I've been using it on a daily basis and I've yet to see a single crash. And I'm using a fairly heavy 8-mic patch.

2. Sovereign

Sovereign Senior Member

May 7, 2005
    Netherlands
    You're lucky then, it works fine for a moment when I insert it into a logic template. But it'll crash logic at some point and the project will refuse to load. I'm not the only one who suffers from this, more people sent in crash reports to vsl.

3. Sovereign

Sovereign Senior Member

May 7, 2005
    Netherlands
    I'm not saying it crashes for everyone. That would be something.

4. synergy543

synergy543 Senior Member

Dec 11, 2004
    The Internets
    I know Guy Bacos is working in Logic and I haven't heard him mention any crashes either. And he's working on some amazing virtuoso performances. I'm not denying your problem but just sharing that its working without issues on at least two other systems. IOW, it might be specific to your system. Did you try adjusting your SSD preload size in the Directory Manager? I had some issues until I got that setting right. Otherwise, sending the crashlog to VSL should help them figure the problem out with you. I'm really enjoying this piano so you'll be glad when you get it set up properly.

5. Sovereign

Sovereign Senior Member

May 7, 2005
    Netherlands
    Yeah the piano is excellent and I'm a bit irritated this prevents me from using it properly as I enjoy playing it, best piano ever as far as I am concerned. The problem however seems to have something to do with initialization of the plug-in, already sent in a crash report. Jay Bacal appears to suffer from similar troubles:
    https://www.vsl.co.at/community/posts/t48817-Nuendo-Crashing-upon-scanning-Synchron-Piano

6. synergy543

synergy543 Senior Member

Dec 11, 2004
    The Internets
    But its happening for enough of you that I wouldn't worry about it really. I'm sure they'll get to the bottom of it soon enough. It would bey a lot more worrying if it were only you're own system as then its harder to track down and mostly up to you. I've run into enough of these problems on my own to know how frustrating it can be. Hang in there! It will be worth it.

7. al_net77

al_net77 Senior Member

Oct 2, 2017
    Italia
    There is an update, worth a try...

8. wcreed51

wcreed51 Senior Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Berkshires, MA USA
    June 12th, 2018
    Synchron Pianos 1.0.750
    • Added: "Release Extension" algorithm and parameters (EDIT View)
    • Added: "Release Sample level" parameter (EDIT View)
    • Fixed: Folder selection bug in library installer
    • Fixed: Occasional crashes on plug-in insert

9. Cartoon

Cartoon Senior Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I think we have to wait for another week!....

10. Jimmy Hellfire

Jimmy Hellfire Senior Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Austria
  11. romantic

romantic Senior Member

Aug 27, 2010
    Yeah, thats how i fee as well
    From hope, frustration, sarkasm, cynism to resignation ...
    However I still check forums every day, so there might be some hope somewhere deep inside me.

Pixelpoet1985 likes this.
  12. Vadium

Vadium Senior Member

Jul 21, 2017
    How to salvage a library, if there isn't plans to improve/fix legato? yes - don't release a SY player, never! :) because a waiting is more sweet, than disappointment from the release of the player with same sound as in Instruments Pro.. )
    I still check a downloads page too.. :)

13. Tfis

Tfis Senior Member

Jan 13, 2016
    I hope VSL recognized, that they're going to fuck up their reputation.

Pixelpoet1985 likes this.
  14. There's a strategy in public relations that in the face of criticism and controversy, it's better to remain silent than to defend your position, as it might blow up in your face leading to even more attention being drawn to the situation. Clearly, VSL is following this strategy, trying to avoid engaging people in a back and forth debate. To some though, it will appear as arrogance on their part, or a lack of consideration for frustrated customers that have been waiting month after month for a player that seemingly will never come. Further, digging their feet in the sand by resisting the idea that the legatos are not up to standard does further harm to the goodwill and trust of customers. Pride is a powerful force, and when you've done as much quality work as VSL has, it's hard to accept that this might be one time where you fell short.

Symfoniq likes this.
  15. Symfoniq

Symfoniq Senior Member

May 8, 2013
    I've certainly lost a great deal of faith in VSL over this debacle, and won't ever pre-order any of their products again. VSL admitting the library isn't up to their usual standards and going back to the drawing board would go a long way toward repairing the damage, but I'd be very surprised if this actually happened.

16. Tfis

Tfis Senior Member

Jan 13, 2016
    Some things shouldn't been re-invented

[​IMG]

17. OP
    OP
    muziksculp

muziksculp Senior Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Hi,

I requested an update on the status of the Synchron Strings 1 Player from Paul/VSL on their official forum today.

Let's see what they will say this week. :rolleyes:

Cheers,
    Muziksculp

18. Eptesicus

Eptesicus Senior Member

Jan 8, 2017
    UK

It is a stupid strategy though. I absolutely can't see any other business decision that makes sense other than re recording the legato.

The Synchron range is finished with out it. Who is going to recommend it as an orchestral library when the string legato is so far behind the competition.

It isn't even like their stuff is that cheap for what you get either!

19. SomeGuy

SomeGuy Senior Member

May 16, 2015
    Seemingly never come? Really?! I've seen numerous updates in this thread on its progress as quoted directly from VSL themselves! Granted its not here yet, but that is far from never coming.

20. Taking the statement a little too literally, I think.