What's new

VSL Synchron Strings I Announced (Nov. Release)

novaburst

Great to have the new player release offering a lot of playable options streamlining into one player,

I'm a bit confused with the "minimal need to switch articulations" part. With VI Pro 2 I'm in love with the remote app, and the matrix was perfect to switch between very different articulations with a simple click. Now, with the "dimensions' tree" you have to follow a SPECIFIC order of keyswitches to select the articulation you want.. and that also mean that a simple click/touch is no longer enough to select a certain articul
It may be a bit to much to ask but I would suggest down loading the new format onto a different folder, or drive
It may take some getting used to the new player, yes it means more space but there could be some playable functions
you may prefer in the instrument.

FabioA

Great to have the new player release offering a lot of playable options streamlining into one player,

It may be a bit to much to ask but I would suggest down loading the new format onto a different folder, or drive
It may take some getting used to the new player, yes it means more space but there could be some playable functions
you may prefer in the instrument.
Actually I'm using the new Player for a couple of weeks since I purchased Syn FX Strings right away. And I love how the dimension tree handles a library with so many different patches as FX Strings has.
But in the current form of Synchron Strings I and its limited number of articulations, it doesn't make much sense, imho.

Last edited:

novaburst

Yeah, what do I do with an absurdly large library that takes up completely irresponsible amounts of storage space?
I'm gonna keep it on my drives in two different formats, just in case. :grin:
Haha, well its always there in your download at VSL myVSL, so I guess you can go ahead and delete if your not in a project.

two very big files, not enough in this world for the two

OP
muziksculp

muziksculp

Is the player ready for Synchron Percussion?
Good Question. I haven't noticed VSL posting anything about this.

I haven't purchased any Synchron Perc. libraries yet, it would be helpful to know if they released the Synchron Player for Synchron Perc. If it was released it will show up in 'MyVSL' section, provided you purchased it. Anyone have Synch. Perc. able to provide some feedback on this ?

C-Wave

Good Question. I haven't noticed VSL posting anything about this.

I haven't purchased any Synchron Perc. libraries yet, it would be helpful to know if they released the Synchron Player for Synchron Perc. If it was released it will show up in 'MyVSL' section, provided you purchased it. Anyone have Synch. Perc. able to provide some feedback on this ?
no.. nothing.

wbacer

Is the player ready for Synchron Percussion?
I have Synchron Perc. Just looked on my VSL page but I didn't see anything new listed for Synchron Perc.
Within the new Synchron Player, I added Synchron Perc to the Synchron Player database but no Perc presets showed up in the Preset window. Either I'm missing something or the new Synchron Player isn't ready for Synchron Perc.
In one of the new Synchron Player videos, Paul did mention Synchron Perc so hopefully it will be available soon for the new player.

It would also be nice to have a companion iPad app to go along with the new player.
We'll see, it appears they still have a lot to roll out.

OP
muziksculp

muziksculp

OK, so it looks like they are not ready to release Synchron Player for Synchron Perc yet.

Hopefully they will release it (Soon) . ;)

The usability of the new Synchron player is definitely great improvement over its predecessor. Yet, I can't stop thinking , with the new player, I realize how little articulations are actually included in this Strings I library, when comparing with FX Strings I.

I doubt even when they put out Strings II, the art list would be enough to cover the basic.

The dimension tree is great, but using the cells for switching vibrato is quite cumbersome. VSL could have just added a parameter on the side (just like many other devs do)...

novaburst

Yet, I can't stop thinking , with the new player, I realize how little articulations are actually included in this Strings I library, when comparing with FX Strings I.
I think the problem with being a developer with so many top string library's is trying to find a good balance between them all,

I think the developer hopes for genuine users to find a place in there projects for each library and can get maximum use from the library's as a whole and not as one.

The dimension tree is great, but using the cells for switching vibrato is quite cumbersome. VSL could have just added a parameter on the side (just like many other devs do)...
This of course should keep you coming back for more from there string line instead of going else where.

Not sure if a developer can do a head shot library and would rather go with the theory that they try there best at a pacific type of library as it is being developed, if there was ever a case of a head shot library then it could mean there existing library's want sell.

So variety is key for developers,

Jimmy Hellfire

You can just set up a dimension that consists of the vibrato patch and the noVib crossfade ressource patch, turn ot the parallel mode and assign the crossfade to a CC. That way it behaves like a standard patch where the vibrato is controlled by CC. I've set all up all the patches that way.

cadenzajon

While everyone is downloading the new Synchron Player encodings I'd like to take a second to publicly wonder why VSL would use the names "short" and "super short" for the Synchron Strings articulations.

They've always been sticklers for accuracy in musical terms (in fact I think I learned the meaning of "portato" from their libraries) and it's baffling to me why they would eschew staccato/staccatissimo.

Weird, if you ask me.

Top Bottom