VSL Synchron Strings I Announced (Nov. Release)

Sovereign

Yeah, why isn't the percussion available for the Synchron Player yet?
Sound like the issue is actually converting the recordings to the new file format. Which would also explain why the more recent libraries, that have probably been packed in the new file format from the get-go, are already out and running in the Synchron Player.
I doubt that's the issue. The Synchron piano player keeps crashing continuously, so the player still has some quirks for sure. looks like it's a bigger issue than they anticipated given the continuous delays.

C-Wave

I doubt that's the issue. The Synchron piano player keeps crashing continuously, so the player still has some quirks for sure. looks like it's a bigger issue than they anticipated given the continuous delays.
Synchron CFX never crashed once in my case and i use it a lot.. in fact its now my main composing instrument. Win 10 / Cubase 9.5.30.

Sovereign

Synchron CFX never crashed once in my case and i use it a lot.. in fact its now my main composing instrument. Win 10 / Cubase 9.5.30.
You're lucky then, it works fine for a moment when I insert it into a logic template. But it'll crash logic at some point and the project will refuse to load. I'm not the only one who suffers from this, more people sent in crash reports to vsl.

synergy543

I know Guy Bacos is working in Logic and I haven't heard him mention any crashes either. And he's working on some amazing virtuoso performances. I'm not denying your problem but just sharing that its working without issues on at least two other systems. IOW, it might be specific to your system. Did you try adjusting your SSD preload size in the Directory Manager? I had some issues until I got that setting right. Otherwise, sending the crashlog to VSL should help them figure the problem out with you. I'm really enjoying this piano so you'll be glad when you get it set up properly.

Sovereign

I'm really enjoying this piano so you'll be glad when you get it set up properly.
Yeah the piano is excellent and I'm a bit irritated this prevents me from using it properly as I enjoy playing it, best piano ever as far as I am concerned. The problem however seems to have something to do with initialization of the plug-in, already sent in a crash report. Jay Bacal appears to suffer from similar troubles:
https://www.vsl.co.at/community/posts/t48817-Nuendo-Crashing-upon-scanning-Synchron-Piano

synergy543

I'm not saying it crashes for everyone. That would be something.
But its happening for enough of you that I wouldn't worry about it really. I'm sure they'll get to the bottom of it soon enough. It would bey a lot more worrying if it were only you're own system as then its harder to track down and mostly up to you. I've run into enough of these problems on my own to know how frustrating it can be. Hang in there! It will be worth it.

al_net77

wcreed51

June 12th, 2018
Synchron Pianos 1.0.750
• Added: "Release Extension" algorithm and parameters (EDIT View)
• Added: "Release Sample level" parameter (EDIT View)
• Fixed: Folder selection bug in library installer
• Fixed: Occasional crashes on plug-in insert

Vadium

How to salvage a library, if there isn't plans to improve/fix legato? yes - don't release a SY player, never! :) because a waiting is more sweet, than disappointment from the release of the player with same sound as in Instruments Pro.. )
I still check a downloads page too.. :)

Dear Villain

There's a strategy in public relations that in the face of criticism and controversy, it's better to remain silent than to defend your position, as it might blow up in your face leading to even more attention being drawn to the situation. Clearly, VSL is following this strategy, trying to avoid engaging people in a back and forth debate. To some though, it will appear as arrogance on their part, or a lack of consideration for frustrated customers that have been waiting month after month for a player that seemingly will never come. Further, digging their feet in the sand by resisting the idea that the legatos are not up to standard does further harm to the goodwill and trust of customers. Pride is a powerful force, and when you've done as much quality work as VSL has, it's hard to accept that this might be one time where you fell short.

Symfoniq

Pride is a powerful force, and when you've done as much quality work as VSL has, it's hard to accept that this might be one time where you fell short.
I've certainly lost a great deal of faith in VSL over this debacle, and won't ever pre-order any of their products again. VSL admitting the library isn't up to their usual standards and going back to the drawing board would go a long way toward repairing the damage, but I'd be very surprised if this actually happened.

OP
muziksculp

muziksculp

Hi,

I requested an update on the status of the Synchron Strings 1 Player from Paul/VSL on their official forum today.

Let's see what they will say this week. :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Eptesicus

There's a strategy in public relations that in the face of criticism and controversy, it's better to remain silent than to defend your position, as it might blow up in your face leading to even more attention being drawn to the situation. Clearly, VSL is following this strategy, trying to avoid engaging people in a back and forth debate. To some though, it will appear as arrogance on their part, or a lack of consideration for frustrated customers that have been waiting month after month for a player that seemingly will never come. Further, digging their feet in the sand by resisting the idea that the legatos are not up to standard does further harm to the goodwill and trust of customers. Pride is a powerful force, and when you've done as much quality work as VSL has, it's hard to accept that this might be one time where you fell short.

It is a stupid strategy though. I absolutely can't see any other business decision that makes sense other than re recording the legato.

The Synchron range is finished with out it. Who is going to recommend it as an orchestral library when the string legato is so far behind the competition.

It isn't even like their stuff is that cheap for what you get either!