What's new

VSL Synchron Strings I Announced (Nov. Release)

Piotrek K.

I like that thread. Especially it's title:

VSL Synchron Strings I Announced (Nov. Release)

November release. Which year?! Ha, ha, ha! Hilarious. Sob sob.

Cartoon

Guys the Synchron Strings are already out...
It's just the player who is still in process. And the release in November was just for the strings not for the player.

And if you really think the player is going to improve the legato. You will be disappointed

Piotrek K.

Guys the Synchron Strings are already out...
It's just the player who is still in process. And the release in November was just for the strings not for the player.

And if you really think the player is going to improve the legato. You will be disappointed
I used to Synchron legatos, theye range from bad to okish to ok. Now I just want to use those strings the way they were advertised. Because while the library is out (we waited for that only 4 months since release date), it is still not finished. And yes, sure, I can use Vienna ensemble etc. But I can also use wrench to hammer nails. It will work. But I prefer to use dedicated tool ;)

romantic

Well what i (my opinion) bought is something like: https://www.vsl.co.at/en/Synchron_Package/Synchron_Strings_I

(...) software innovation.
(...) new standard in (...) playability
(...) providing a new level of ease-of-use.
(...) Play short notes, long notes with various attacks, legatos, scalable vibrato intensities and note repetitions with a minimal need to switch articulations, and by moving just one or two preconfigured controllers.
(...) legato re-invented
(...) innovative algorithms

What I received (until now)
(...) extraordinary musicianship, engineering, recording technology
(...) spectacular ambience of the Synchron Stage
(...) unprecedented number of velocity layers and note variations

And these things for a pretty attractive price!

So only parts of the promise have been delivered until now. Every time i start synchron strings I am happy with the sound but get frustrated by the usability and stop using it again pretty fast. So i still hope every minute to be able to download the player - and from time to time write about my frustration here ;)

P.S.: It seems as even unicorns go to this thread to die

Critz

btw, the forum just deleted a post of mine in the last Spitfire new product announcement thread, because it was trollish for them. I can just tell you that I've been far more critic and sarcastic on this VSL thread, and not a post was deleted. Just to let you know how it works.. :)

OP
muziksculp

muziksculp

btw, the forum just deleted a post of mine in the last Spitfire new product announcement thread, because it was trollish for them. I can just tell you that I've been far more critic and sarcastic on this VSL thread, and not a post was deleted. Just to let you know how it works.. :)
That's normal, depending on what you posted in the comercial release section.

This is the Sample Section, so you have more liberty to express your opinion in the Sample Section of the forums.

Critz

That's normal, depending on what you posted in the comercial release section.

This is the Sample Section, so you have more liberty to express your opinion in the Sample Section of the forums.
I didn't know that. That's nice to know, because they deleted me another post since I posted 3 times in few minutes. The funny thing is that after the moderation from them, there wasn't any posts of mine left but the one I quoted you.

OP
muziksculp

muziksculp

I didn't know that. That's nice to know, because they deleted me another post since I posted 3 times in few minutes. The funny thing is that after the moderation from them, there wasn't any posts of mine left but the one I quoted you.
OK, so now you know.

OP
muziksculp

muziksculp

I requested an update on Synchron Player for Synchron Strings 1 on the VSL forums from Paul/VSL. Hopefully he will reply shortly with some feedback on what's going on, and when we can finally expect the damn Player.

Sovereign

I think we'll all be dead of old age when it's finally released. :roflmao: And the synchron player (at least the piano) is not behaving that well either, keeps crashing rather often and I'm not the only one with that problem.

Critz

That's the problem. They post-released everything because they wanted to be rock-solid, but at the end it's clear they still released unstable products. I said months ago they need to change/improve their team.

OP
muziksculp

muziksculp

I think it would be a nice gesture from VSL to give each customer who ordered this library a $100. VSL product voucher for being so patient, and frustrated waiting for the Synchron Strings Player, as soon as the Synchron Player is released. (hehe.. which might never be released).

Do I expect them to do that ? No.

Top Bottom