What's new

VSL Synchron Strings I Announced (Nov. Release)

Thanks for the feedback.

Well, this is Synchron Strings 1, I would expect Synchron Strings 2 to offer more articulations

And that's the problem - it would come at the cost of another library. Which is what devs increasingly like to do nowadays, it seems.

We're not talking about "extended articulations" or "special bowings" etc. here. This is bread and butter stuff. I mean, come on. Spiccato.

Yes, they are a business, not a charity.

You're being a bit silly now, and I'm not sure it's worth debating this nonsensical point. I mean, it's not as if there were any competitor products or previous libraries from VSLs own catalogue to base our expecations on, right? But hey. I guess we all get to be as gullible - or confrontational - as we choose, right.

You're being a bit silly now, and I'm not sure it's worth debating this nonsensical point. I mean, it's not as if there were any competitor products or previous libraries from VSLs own catalogue to base our expecations on, right? But hey. I guess we all get to be as gullible - or confrontational - as we choose, right.

I'm just being realistic, and knowing how VSL operates, I don't see them adding new samples to a sample library they announced as complete (as far as sample content is concerned). Maybe that sounds silly to you, but it is reality to me.

I'm just being realistic, and knowing how VSL operates, I don't see them adding new samples to a sample library they announced as complete (as far as sample content is concerned). Maybe that's sounds silly to you, but it is reality to me.

And if you remember - the first line of my post in question was "Doubt that will happen, but yes, that's what it needs." And your charity remark is what I called silly. Because it truly is one of those silly, lowbrow catch phrases people say for no good reason.

Hi,

Here is a new reply from Paul/VSL on their official forum :

-----------------------------------------------
Quote :

Hi guys,

Your enthusiasm and anticipation is very much appreciated!

We will let you know when we are ready, checking all systems as we speak.

It will be in the next days.

Best,
Paul
-----------------------------------

And if you remember - the first line of my post in question was "Doubt that will happen, but yes, that's what it needs." And your charity remark is what I called silly. Because it truly is one of those silly, lowbrow catch phrases people say for no good reason.

Sorry about the charity remark, I didn't mean for it to come across in a lowbrow manner, I think you know what I was trying to say, I agree I could have phrased it in a more tasteful way, but my brain was rushing to get the post out. ;)

I actually feel that they want to release whole Synchron Orchestra this year (at least volume ones). FX strings is odd release if you think about that plan, but maybe they needed it to make Synchron Player bulletproof. Now, they can just record, edit, sale, repeat. I think that Synchron Stage maintenance isn't cheap.

And actually I'm still interested in the rest of the sections. And I see here an opportunity for VSL to create really great pack - full orchestra in one cohesive space, premixed, balanced. With flaws, but ready to create music out of the box. And for that I would pay. Also I'm not gonna be surprised if some time down the road they will release Synchron special editions - maybe lower velocity count, one mic (please, not mix though! ;)) etc.

But this is far future. And today I just want Synchron Player. And true sforzando, more variations in shorts and molto vibrato patches ;)

I agree twice.

If SyS1 stays the same in its Synchron Player version it’s bound to be detrimental to VSL and their credibility as one of the very best players in the business. They can’t dismiss what has already raised so many eyebrows.

The legato issues is one thing. Their decision to not add proper spiccato or portamento articulations in the first instalment of a brand new strings library? Bold commercial move, in my opinion. I think an FX add-on should be coming after the basics are covered.

Last edited:
I'd say there monthly mail tomorrow is going to
-) State that player will be out next week (today is public holiday, and I don't think they will release on friday)
-) No new instrument announcemnt
-) A discount for something I don't need
-) A freeby or super discount for every loyal customer who purchased synchron strings before 31st of May (so I'd recommend all of you to hurry up and buy these strings today!)

-) A freeby

Re-recorded legatos. Only for customers who purchased before May 31st.
120j0e.jpg

Hi,

Here is the latest post from Paul/VSL (Today) on the official VSL Forum.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Quote :

Hello everybody!

We are really really really close and tried very hard to get this update out this week.
There is one last bug that has crept in last-minute, which blocks the release.

Thanks for your patience. I am convinced that you will be pleased with the results, and we will keep on pushing!

Best,
Paul
----------------------------------------------------------

Damn Bugs, they are everywhere :mad:

Hopefully it's one bug, not many that have crept in.

Last edited:
I still can't quite get over the fact that they have devoted developers and man hours to TWO whole new Synchron player based libraries that they are selling now, with a working player, before even finishing the player for a library they released 6 months ago.

I still can't quite get over the fact that they have devoted developers and man hours to TWO whole new Synchron player based libraries that they are selling now, with a working player, before even finishing the player for a library they released 6 months ago.
Because they had some technical issues which were solved by doing the other libraries.

Writing software and recording/preparing samples are 2/3 different skillsets and likely done by different staff. The Synchron player is a work-in-progress and it's likely that the piano and fx needed fewer features from the player than the strings do, so they shipped them when ready.

In any case, VI Pro is an excellent piece of software and I'm reluctant to trade it for a new player that isn't also excellent. The best judges of its readiness are VSL, frustrating as it may be to have to wait.

Top Bottom