What's new

VSL - Synchron Piano (out now)

I will be honest, i feel pretty burnt by the Synchron strings release. A November release turned into a staggered release taking 5 months and the Synchron player still isn't out. I certainly won't ever be pre-ordering anything from them again, however good it sounds.

My trust in VSL has gone.

I will be honest, i feel pretty burnt by the Synchron strings release. A November release turned into a staggered release taking 5 months and the Synchron player still isn't out. I certainly won't ever be pre-ordering anything from them again, however good it sounds.

I agree with you, they stated Synchron Strings would be out by the end of December when I bought them. But they never promised that the SynchronPlayer would be out by then as well, so that's fine with me. Software development times are hard to estimate. I wonder what they're working on all the time, though.
The piano looks very interesting. I already have Garritan CFX as well as Pianoteq, but the teaser sounds very nice.

I would rather see VSL put more time and effort to release more Synchron Orchestral Libraries, (Sychron Strings 2, Synch. Chamber Strings, Synch. Solo Strings, Synchron Brass 1, Synch. Woodwinds 1, ..etc.etc. ...) instead of a Synchron Piano. They could always release a Piano once they have the main orchestral sections completed, plus... they don't even have the Synchron Player out yet.

Oh.. and on top of all that, imho. the teaser did not excite me, visually or sonically, and is super short, and should I say .. boring.

I agree with you, they stated Synchron Strings would be out by the end of December when I bought them. But they never promised that the SynchronPlayer would be out by then as well, so that's fine with me. Software development times are hard to estimate. I wonder what they're working on all the time, though.
The piano looks very interesting. I already have Garritan CFX as well as Pianoteq, but the teaser sounds very nice.

The original date, when many pre-ordered was November. The thing that really annoyed me was the fact there was ZERO mention the parts would come out in a staggered release. If they were just honest and up front about it i would not have minded. Instead they took many peoples money and did a complete bait and switch. Then the whole voucher offer making it $100 cheaper before any of the sections were even released just added insult to injury.

Whilst I appreciate there are bumps in the road in software development, you don't take people's money promising a release month and then put it back 4 months (basses didnt come out till March).

Probably. Or maybe an octave every month. Then, after you have pre-ordered and have the first octave, the price will drop as well.
I mean the teaser says"Grand Things will happen...soon -very soon...Big Piano Chords"
So maybe two octaves at once. We should trust vsl a bit more.

But I believe they also learned from their mistakes!

Last edited:
Wait, the piano IS an orchestral instrument....

Anyway I'm excited to learn more, but VSL already has a couple pianos, it's a bit less exciting

But I believe they also learned from their mistakes!

Maybe they did. But one thing is for sure, I learned from my mistake of trusting them with their release date. I will be more careful before buying any of their libraries in the future.

Top Bottom