What's new

VSL Strings Sale - Discounts on all Synchron & SYNCHRON-ized Strings

Ben

VSL
1614677887982.png

Spring is in the air!
Take advantage of fresh offers on all Synchron and SYNCHRON-ized String libraries and save up to 35% through April 1, 2021!

Great offers on our multi-microphone Synchron Strings Libraries:
and all SYNCHRON-ized String Libraries:

As always you will get upgrade discounts if you upgrade from the VI Series instruments, complete a bundle, or crossgrade between Synchron Strings I and Synchron Strings Pro, so make sure you are logged in when you check out the product pages!
And don't forget to download the free Dimension Strings Ponticello Bonus pack after you completed your Dimension Strings Bundle!

1614680432315.png

For users who own BOTH, Synchron Strings I and Synchron Strings Pro, we are now offering the option to use our "Optimized Content" of the Synchron Strings I, where redundant articulations have been removed to simplify presets and save ~50% storage space. You can check which articulations are included in the "Optimized Content" variant here: https://www.vsl.info/instruments/synchron/strings-i#comparison-sy-i-pro
The download is available at MyVSL.

Gosh, that's super!

And now, from a limited fund perspective: better to get the Back Row and Surround mics for the SSP, or add the articulations from SSI (slur legato!)?

Paolo

Wow, good prices, especially with the additional discount if you have a few other libraries that reduce the price further.

The only thing is that I don't have much space left on my VSL hard drive. Hmmmm....

Hi, I came across this page yesterday, and listened to the cantabile demos and the adagio. Which version of Synchron Strings 1 (I assume that Pro isn't needed?) are these demos based on – Standard or Full?

Hi, I came across this page yesterday, and listened to the cantabile demos and the adagio. Which version of Synchron Strings 1 (I assume that Pro isn't needed?) are these demos based on – Standard or Full?
I would guess it's the Full Library - feel free to contact our support, they might be able to look this up ([email protected]).
Synchron Strings Pro was not used for these demos (it didn't excist yet).

Thanks. One more question: what do the 'lyrical' and 'cantabile' legato presets have which the others don't have? Maybe that's common knowledge among VSL users today, but I haven't used anything from VSL since the old EXS-version, so I'm curious!

Is it fair to say that if something is available only in Synchron Strings I (or even in both libraries!), Synchron Strings I might be a better choice because of the additional velocity layers?

I already own SS-Pro and was thinking of getting SS-I, but I am very concerned about making a lot of confusion between the two different VSTs.

1614677887982.png

Spring is in the air!
Take advantage of fresh offers on all Synchron and SYNCHRON-ized String libraries and save up to 35% through April 1, 2021!

Great offers on our multi-microphone Synchron Strings Libraries:
and all SYNCHRON-ized String Libraries:

As always you will get upgrade discounts if you upgrade from the VI Series instruments, complete a bundle, or crossgrade between Synchron Strings I and Synchron Strings Pro, so make sure you are logged in when you check out the product pages!
And don't forget to download the free Dimension Strings Ponticello Bonus pack after you completed your Dimension Strings Bundle!

1614680432315.png

For users who own BOTH, Synchron Strings I and Synchron Strings Pro, we are now offering the option to use our "Optimized Content" of the Synchron Strings I, where redundant articulations have been removed to simplify presets and save ~50% storage space. You can check which articulations are included in the "Optimized Content" variant here: https://www.vsl.info/instruments/synchron/strings-i#comparison-sy-i-pro
The download is available at MyVSL.
Hi Ben, do I understand correctly that if I have eg. SSPro that gives a download for the SS 1 that only load the difference patches (- samples?
I find unfortunately no reference to how big SS1 would be if I omit all SSPro samples.
This just depends on whether I still get SS1 installed on my SSD or not.

SS1 costs me just under 130€ in standard, and that's a no brainer for me.

Hi Ben, do I understand correctly that if I have eg. SSPro that gives a download for the SS 1 that only load the difference patches (- samples?
I find unfortunately no reference to how big SS1 would be if I omit all SSPro samples.

If you own both, you will have access to the "Optimized Content". It is 50% the size of SY Strings I, making it around the same size as SY Strings Pro.
You can see what articulations are available in the optimized content version here, marked in bold:

How are you getting that price? Amazing - I have SSPro but still see 310 :(

How are you getting that price? Amazing - I have SSPro but still see 310 :(
I have Synchron Strings Pro Full and see €135 for SYS1 Standard and €230 for SYS1 Full. Not sure what other differences there are between what I have and what Andy has that would make SYS1 a tiny bit lower than mine.

Last edited:
I have Synchron Strings Pro Full and see €135 for SYS1 Standard and €230 for SYS1 Full. Not sure what other differences there are between what I have and what Andy has that would make SYS1 a tiny bit lower than mine.
Ah was looking at the wrong area - also seeing 135 for me. Looking at the comparison chart though, having a hard time seeing any SS1-only articulations that I really want or need.

Ah was looking at the wrong area - also seeing 135 for me. Looking at the comparison chart though, having a hard time seeing any SS1-only articulations that I really want or need.
I find the cantabile articulations very appealing. The shorts in SSPro I find good enough to decide for the slimmed down download version.
Short harsh is of course also a very nice addition.

I find the cantabile articulations very appealing.
And the only "legato cantabile" difference between SS1 and SSP is that SS1 includes the light vibrato version, right? The no vib and heavy vib patches appear in both, according to the comparison table.

Top Bottom