What's new

Vsl Project

I think the VSL instrumental figures and textures are quite accomplished. You went a little Hollywood starting at [2:25] and lost me thematically at that point. Cheers.

Amazing sonority going on there. Could you do a tutorial on how you got the instruments to sound this way?

Oh, thank you. I am French and I speak very poor English (except with Google:) so it will be difficult to do a tutorial in English (and even impossible). I'm sorry.

Hi Michel,

Thanks for sharing a little visual insight in your way of working. It's a fantastic composition which you've set to samples in a brilliant way. You've managed to use MIR pro in a very neutral way: it tends to colour recordings a bit, but here it really doesn't. You've created a most transparent and detailed rendition without drowning it in reverb (tail). Super!
Jos

Thank you Jos! Vsl is fantastic if you spend time on it. Thank you for taking the time to listen to this track and give your opinion. ( I hope my comment makes sense because I use a deepl to translate.)

Going Hollywood is a fine thing to do. This sounds excellent - I also use MIR/VSL and love them. The overall ambience is about perfect and the solos very expressive. Is that a live solo cello and duduk? Anyway they integrate completely naturally.

Hi Michel,

Translation about perfect. If you want to communicate in French, you can always send a PM. I do speak French as well.

I use VSL as well. Very fine instruments and yes, they need quite some tweaking and take some time to learn how to handle them. But I'm not so fond of the Synchron(ised) instruments. I like more the liberty of the normal instruments.

Top Bottom