What's new

VSL Oboe Owners?

sinkd

AARP Curious
If you play it yourself especially with a breath controller you can get much more expression in these; but I've just quickly copied over the notes and added vibrato and velocity crossfades to the notes. Result in the attached mp3 (French Oboe (SYized Woodwinds), Viennese Oboe (SYized Woodwinds), Oboe d'Amore (SYized Special Edition))

If you go for the Special Editions go for the SYNCHRON-ized ones. They are better in every way, and yes you can completely disable the reverb. You will get not only optimized, but also more articulations and instruments.
Keep in mind that the Special Editions have no vibrato control like the SYNCHRON-ized Woodwinds do.

French Oboe -> the common oboe sound you are most used to. Sometimes in orchestral context the oboe sticks out too much. In this case the Viennese Obioe will be a better match as its sound blends better. More infos in our academy: https://www.vsl.co.at/en/Woodwinds/Oboe

You can use the sustain pedal CC to connect the same note. For strings this will trigger a re-bow, for other instruments it will trigger the transition without fiddling around with the exact note length. Make sure the first note ends before the repeated note starts!
Boy that SYized Oboe d'Amore sounds really great. What does that version do over the VIPro version?

rottoy

Plebeian
For what it's worth, here's Oboe 1 from CineWinds Core playing the same phrase.
Using the "Close" mic, with a custom IR I recorded in a concert hall.

Attachments

• Dragon Quest Oboe CW Core - 2020-08-28, 21.25.mp3
    377.1 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

Ben

VSL
Boy that SYized Oboe d'Amore sounds really great. What does that version do over the VIPro version?
I just quickly added the one from the SYNCHRON-ized Special Editions. Just the legato articulation with velocity crossfading :)

Top Bottom