What's new

VSL Epic Orchestra 2.0 as an instant orchestra

ptram

Hi,

With the recent update, I wonder if Epic Orchestra can now be considered on a par with other "instant" orchestras, like Spitfire's Albion One (minus the hybrid section) or Orchestral Tools Inspire series. Do you feel it can work as well for rough stroke composing?

Paolo

Cartoon

Hi,

With the recent update, I wonder if Epic Orchestra can now be considered on a par with other "instant" orchestras, like Spitfire's Albion One (minus the hybrid section) or Orchestral Tools Inspire series. Do you feel it can work as well for rough stroke composing?

Paolo
No its not. Try the "Vienna Smart Orchester". Thats an "instant" orchestra from VSL

Dewdman42

Its not just a markting tool.... WoW
its a marketing tool which might be useful for someone, the first EpicOrch didn't even stay on my hard drive...it was never useful to me and I would never have purchased EpicOrch on its own... its a sampling of a few instruments that VSL sells in a more complete form if you like it. Yes its a marketing tool.

Ben

VSL Support
You'll get some very usefull instruments:
Appasionata Strings, Cornet, Oboe d'amore, Epic Horns, Fanfare Trumpet, some Percussion + new in V2.0: 4x Wagnertuba, Bass Drum, Power Drums, Fx Strings.
https://www.vsl.co.at/en/Software/Vienna_Ensemble_Pro#!Epic_Orchestra
Just listen to the demos: https://www.vsl.co.at/en/Software/Vienna_Ensemble_Pro#!Epic_Demos

For daily work you will need more instruments and more articulations, but as addition to your collection this works just fine and is usefull.
Also I used Epic Orchestra with Sibelius: It is better then the included sounds and is lightweight (was just for composing, not for rendering / mockup creation).

Cartoon

its a marketing tool which might be useful for someone, the first EpicOrch didn't even stay on my hard drive...it was never useful to me and I would never have purchased EpicOrch on its own... its a sampling of a few instruments that VSL sells in a more complete form if you like it. Yes its a marketing tool.
I didn’t say that it’s not a marketing tool! I mention that it’s not JUST a marketing tool :)

Top Bottom