VSL Big Bang Orchestra: Ganymede (SATB Choir)

Ben

VSL

Hi everyone! I'm really excited to finally present you Big Bang Orchestra: Ganymede

It's a 4 section SATB choir singing "ah" (12 singers per section), recorded in sections as well as tutti. This is the first BBO library featuring true legato recordings!
The choir also includes recorded chords in major and minor, clusters, cluster glissando, shouts and a cluster builder!
As usually many mic positions are included, so you can use from the many mixer preset (try the processed ones!!!), or create your own mix.

Get this library now at the introductory price of € 95 (regular: € 160)!

Listen to the audio demos and take a look at the demo walkthroughs.

Walkthrough by Karl King:

Zero&One

Sounds great, really like the glissando and cluster builder.

Who would have imagined BBO would have turned out this complex of a collection? Amazing.
Anyone letting a 20euro dongle prevent them grabbing these beauties is just plain crazy, especially at the launch prices! Bagged every one of them with ziltcho regrettos

milamu

Sounds great, but the choir is only singing "ah"?
Will there be ohs,uuhs and mms etc. in another library?

Scalms

Sounds awesome. Just curious how many dynamic layers? I realize it will vary depending on articulation, but how many say for normal sustains?

SupremeFist

Sounds great, really like the glissando and cluster builder.

Who would have imagined BBO would have turned out this complex of a collection? Amazing.
Anyone letting a 20euro dongle prevent them grabbing these beauties is just plain crazy, especially at the launch prices! Bagged every one of them with ziltcho regrettos
It's not the cost of the dongle, it's the cost of having to buy the library again if the dongle breaks, unless you pay the regular protection fee.

RonOrchComp

Sounds good!

2:23 of the walkthrough vid - I hear octaves, but it doesn't seem as tho they are beling played as such. Was this recorded in octaves?

Reactions: Ben

samtrino

So just to confirm, Ganymede only includes "ah", no other vowels or m in this library? will each extra vowel cost an additional € 160 ?

OP
Ben

Ben

VSL
So just to confirm, Ganymede only includes "ah", no other vowels or m in this library? will each extra vowel cost an additional € 160 ?
No other vowels. There are "ha" and "ho" shouts, but I think these don't count ;)
At the current point I also don't know if and when there will be an additional BBO choir. And of course I can't tell you how much it will cost. At the moment you can get this choir under 100€, and it has true legato recordings and some other awsome stuff in it, and the best: It just sounds great and is so much fun to play around :)

We listen to feedback, so if you want more vowels let us know. As I once wrote in another thread: There are still more letters in the alphabet, and if we still have more ideas there exist more then just one alphabet ;)

Mark Schmieder

This sounds very impressive, but after a few listens, I did miss the lack of variance of vowels. Every other aspect sounds great, and one could work to the library's strengths at the composing stage. It's a definite buy down the road, but my tight unemployment budget may not make the introductory sale cutoff date (though it is a generous length of time compared to some other product releases).

As with the entire Big Bang series, the layout and workflow are highly intuitive and conducive to fast work. It's also nice that the sections can be separated; I was afraid at first that they were only recorded in tutti. So all in all, in spite of just one vowel, there's a lot more bang for buck than I expected in a BBO add-on. I think this one might be my favourite sounding pack in the series so far; though a bit specialized. And I wouldn't use it for the same things as a regular choir library.

Reactions: Ben