What's new

VSL BBO: What's next? Guess and win

[Updated]
Hi there!

You are really quick guessing names and already got the names... And because we have some time left, I thought it would be fun to extend this competition: we will give away 2x2 additional licenses:

- Compose a short original piece with the any of the BBO libraries (including the free Big Bang Orchestra).
- Only BBO libraries are allowed, but feel free to make use of the included features of the Synchron Player like FX, time-stretching, ...
- Post it in this thread (attachment, Soundcloud-Link, YouTube-Link...): https://vi-control.net/community/threads/bbo-composer-contest.94516/
- one submission per person.
- Deadline is the 29th June 13:00 CET.
- Guy Bacos and myself will evaluate all compositions and choose 2 winners from the submissions (as was the will of the people)
- The theme for the composition in this round is "Final Hours".

Have fun!

Last edited:
@Ben
Sounds a great idea.
Only slight concern is the likes part. Depending when an entry is submitted, it could gain more/less likes as it had more exposure (or less if last day).
Personally I’d rather your good self and maybe another (Guy Bacos would be great!) to pick.

Also, maybe a separate thread with only submissions & 'no chat' rule to make it easier to listen?

Just a thought.

ACTUAL RULES: 06.06.2020

Small changes to the rules for the next round:

Starting from the 8th June (16:00 UTC) the next round will be opened. Posts prior this date/time will be ignored. Deadline is the 13th June (16:00 UTC).

- The first one to guess the name of one of the next BBO libraries will get a copy of it as soon as the library is released (PM me if you are the winner and I did not contact you until the next day of release. I will announce the winners here as fast as possible).
- Only one guess per post!
- Edited posts will be ignored.
- The spelling must be correct.
- You can take multiple guesses (each in a seperat post), but only one guess per day. A day starts at 16:00 UTC

Now the fun part: For this round you can guess the names for BBO: L and BBO: M, and hopefully win one of these.
Good luck!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old Post:

For the fun and admiration for the VSL-BBO series this thread turned to:

"VSL BBO: What's next? Guess and win"

updated: 23.05.2020

So here is a reminder with additional infos/the rules:

Starting from the 25th May (13:00pm CET) the next round will be opened. I will not count posts prior this date/time. Deadline is the 31th May (13:00pm CET).

- The first one to guess the name of one of the next BBO libraries will get a copy of it as soon as the library is released (PM me if you are the winner and I did not contact you until the next day of release. I will announce the winners here as fast as possible).
- Only one guess per post!
- Edited posts of any kind during this time will disqualify you; make sure the spelling is correct before posting.
- The spelling must be correct.
- You can take multiple guesses (each in a seperat post), but between your posts in this thread with guesses, there must have passed at least 24h.

If your posts do not comply to these rules you will be disqualified and the next correct guess will win, to make this a fair and fun competition for everyone :)

Now the fun part: For this round you can guess the names for BBO: H, BBO: I, BBO: J and BBO: K, and hopefully win one of these.
Good luck!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the rules:
Starting from the 25th May (let's say 13:00pm CET) the next round will be opened. I will not count posts prior this date.
The first one to guess the name will get a copy of one of the next BBO libraries.

@Ben

Old post:
I am really amazed from the videos! Does this mean that they are offering for the first time Runs up and down apart from other orchestral FX to the public? That would fit very well with the other VSL collections!

L=Leviathan M=Mars

@Zero&One Thanks for your feedback. I would like to know what others think about this, so please share your thoughts about this.
- I will create a seperate post for submissions and link it here, so we will continue guessing names and discussing these things in this thread, and only post submissions in the other thread.

I don't think anyone wil post a submission today, so let's discuss this first, and I will see tomorrow which approach we should take.

Regarding Voting vs Jury: Please vote with your like below. And feel free to share your thoughts; this should be a little fun competition for everyone! :)

I agree with Zero&One. I think it's better if Ben and someone else from VSL pick the winners. And it would be great if it was Guy.

I always prefer professional juries. They can be unfair (when they don't pick me...), but they warrant the same chances to all. Even if the candidates don't have friends.

Paolo

Top Bottom