What's new

Vikings - KeepForest

Stomped in the face by numbers!

Pretty good, how different is it from Dragon and Atlantic, in your opinion? I just got Dragon, and was looking at Atlantic. Disappointing that the BF sale occurred amidst a bit of confusion, causing concern, but agree that Keepforest presence and response has been stellar...
:2thumbs:

EDIT: that track above is pretty "naked" here's two more that are more "dressed", still 30 minutes per track just fooling around with presets.

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/anomaly-mp3.10555/][/AUDIOPLUS]

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/tornado-mp3.10556/][/AUDIOPLUS]

Attachments

• anomaly.mp3
    2.9 MB · Views: 96
  • tornado.mp3
    3.4 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Have you thought of making it a soft-synth, like Omnisphere or Zebra, or stand-alone? Or did I just reveal the depth of my ignorance of Kontakt libraries?

Or make it an free option for customers, like a download patch for those who have the desire to work closer to the forge. That way you'd have a leaner product.

We thought about adding synth (Serrum & Zebra) presets. But we still have not made a decision. Also, it should be taken into account, that some instruments were created withount synths and some synths were created by us without using software.

This is great... just fooling around with what you can do in 30 minutes with this library.

I hear something familiar to me in your track. Looks like I've been working with it for whole year :) Nice track!

Keepforest presence and response has been stellar...
:2thumbs:

We just love VI forum. We used to be lurkers here for years.

Pretty good, how different is it from Dragon and Atlantic, in your opinion?

Well I use Dragon and Atlantica all the time. I would say this is more of the same but taken to the next level up. Separate from that is the guitar and bass riffs that I'm using in the above tracks which is a whole different deal not included or comparable to Dragon/Atlantica.

Agree with our painter extraordinaire, mr Chilbot and our great forum guru Creativeforge here that the presence and support here being giving by Keepforest is really nice.

I haven't found any real big issues (but purchased it this weekend) and just like Dragon and Atlantica I find them very useful.
It has its quirks and oddness here and there, but to be honest, almost every library has that.

I had a bit the same when I bought Dragon and Atlantica. First reaction was "mmm ok", changing 30 min later into "ha ok! thats nice, didn't expect that" to after an hour "damn this is good and what an amount of options".
First time playing the patches can be a bit letdown, specially if you hear the great demos, but if you go under the hood, mess with the fx rack, tweak some settings up to your liking and it is suddenly the beast you expect.
It also sits very nice in the mix. Integrating this on a current project and it mixes nice with all kinds of libraries and synths. You can hear and feel it is made from guys who have gotten their feet wet in the industry. And that makes it all in all into a very workable product.
Just my 2 cents :)

Agree with our painter extraordinaire, mr Chilbot and our great forum guru Creativeforge here that the presence and support here being giving by Keepforest is really nice.

I haven't found any real big issues (but purchased it this weekend) and just like Dragon and Atlantica I find them very useful.
It has its quirks and oddness here and there, but to be honest, almost every library has that.

I had a bit the same when I bought Dragon and Atlantica. First reaction was "mmm ok", changing 30 min later into "ha ok! thats nice, didn't expect that" to after an hour "damn this is good and what an amount of options".
First time playing the patches can be a bit letdown, specially if you hear the great demos, but if you go under the hood, mess with the fx rack, tweak some settings up to your liking and it is suddenly the beast you expect.
It also sits very nice in the mix. Integrating this on a current project and it mixes nice with all kinds of libraries and synths. You can hear and feel it is made from guys who have gotten their feet wet in the industry. And that makes it all in all into a very workable product.
Just my 2 cents :)

Yes we all love this library. So great sounds !!!

So it's been almost a month, and now everything is on sale again — and I'm bitten by the Christmas Ghost of Temptation Past. Any kind owners who care to respond: have any/most/all of the issues been fixed by KeepForest? I'm also interested to know whether buying Vikings (not the guitar expansion; not my kind of thing) makes Dragon and Atlantica redundant — or do the older libraries have a bunch of different and still useful content?

Top Bottom