What's new

Vienna Smart Orchestra

Just for clarification I do love EW especially the choirs. I have both...Word Building is very cool..
..Bought the VSO ready to download. Trying to decide which computer to put it on. master or slave...I assume the samples can be loaded on a separate drive. Wish me luck LOL:2thumbs:

I’ve made my own combo patches using Hollywood silver orchestra and I find them great. Still not sure about this release....

I’ve made my own combo patches using Hollywood silver orchestra and I find them great. Still not sure about this release....
Hollywood as I stated has some great stuff. I have high hopes of doing some quick background orchestra tracks for some of my older projects with VSO. Sometimes you don’t need to spend hours on backgroung tracks for a little ear candy to enhance the vocals and other instruments. In the past I didn’t use midi even with my Roland samples. I played/recorded each instrument track individually Example: 3 trumpet tracks 3 trombones tracks etc. this allowed for human feel for real LOL old school but I ended up with some pretty impressive background horns etc.IMHO:dancedance:LOL.. The only limitation was the sound of the samples. Now with Vienna, EW etc the sky is the limit I think VSO is going to be a great addition to my toys. I’ll post once I get up and running hopefully late today tomorrow...got to catch up on yard work before rain heads in early next week from reminents of the Florence storm.

OK I got VSO up and running last night. This is a great sounding product and very user friendly. Highly recommend for newbies to orchestrating and grey beards LOL... I’ ve got a couple of old analog projects converted to digital that this will be fantastic for a quick background fill in. As I like to call it ear candy. Hats off to the Venna guys...hopeing you will add more solo instruments down the road. Venna choir would be nice... Maybe I’ll post a couple tunes in a week or so. Let you guys see how much this can enhance Basic vocal guitar piano and drum tracks. It’s great to be able to throw something down without spending hours on an idea. I’m old school but love new technology...I wish this was around when I was performing live. My keyboard guy would have loved it for the big production songs. Once again Venna thank you...

Last edited:
OK I got VSO up and running last night. This is a great sounding product and very user friendly. Highly recommend for newbies to orchestrating and grey beards LOL... I’ ve got a couple of old analog projects converted to digital that this will be fantastic for a quick background fill in. As I like to call it ear candy. Hats off to the Venna guys...hopeing you will add more solo instruments down the road. Venna choir would be nice... Maybe I’ll post a couple tunes in a week or so. Let you guys see how much this can enhance Basic vocal guitar piano and drum tracks. It’s great to be able to throw something down without spending hours on an idea. I’m old school but love new technology...I wish this was around when I was performing live. My keyboard guy would have loved it for the big production songs. Once again Venna thank you...

Same here. At the sale price this is a tremendous value. Sounds great, easy to use, professional website with clear instructions and so forth. This is my first Vienna product but it won't be my last.
I'm very impressed.

Same here. At the sale price this is a tremendous value. Sounds great, easy to use, professional website with clear instructions and so forth. This is my first Vienna product but it won't be my last.
I'm very impressed.
You want some kick butt horns mix Venna brass with East West. A lot of it’s got to do with arranging and playing technic. But the samples speak for them selfs. I was a brass guy for many years. I remember when drum machines came out and you would hear tracks with a three armed drummer LOL. Start with the Venna special edition 1 when you want to venture more into the VSL world.

Looks like a great thing to have on the laptop for those long trips. Except to really rise to its fullest potential it wants to have 88 keys available! There's a certain contradiction there, I think.

What have been your experiences with asking the passenger next to you to support half the keyboard on their laps? Perhaps we could get them onboard by teaching them to play the base part of "Chopsticks."

For those who have tried, how do 61 + 25, or 49 + 49 work out? What kind of usability hit does one get with just 49, or just 61, or just 25 or 32? This is all that's keeping me from jumping at this thing.

Looks like a great thing to have on the laptop for those long trips. Except to really rise to its fullest potential it wants to have 88 keys available! There's a certain contradiction there, I think.

What have been your experiences with asking the passenger next to you to support half the keyboard on their laps? Perhaps we could get them onboard by teaching them to play the base part of "Chopsticks."

For those who have tried, how do 61 + 25, or 49 + 49 work out? What kind of usability hit does one get with just 49, or just 61, or just 25 or 32? This is all that's keeping me from jumping at this thing.

How many licenses come with it? Can it be installed on two keys?

Top Bottom